A greenhead weekend

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

A greenhead weekend

Postby nemont » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:08 pm

The big cold front pushed alot of birds south and we took advantage of them on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday was a fun shoot and it took less then an hour to get our limit of 15 green heads

Sunday was a little slower and we ended up with just 12 green heads but it wasn't the birds fault it was the shooters :oops:

anyway there are few birds around and it should be fun for a while.

Nemont
nemont
hunter

Postby wigeon man » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:11 pm

what town do you hunt most around?
I support PETA...People Eating Tastey Animals
wigeon man
hunter

Postby Deadpair » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:12 pm

Great pics! Keep'em coming.
Deadpair
hunter

Postby nemont » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:28 pm

wigeon man wrote:what town do you hunt most around?

umm why do you want to know? I am not really into giving info on the open forum. Sorry.

Nemont
nemont
hunter

Postby wigeon man » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:30 pm

haha alright,i wouldnt go telling people but its just nice to know area with nice amounts of birds
wigeon man
hunter

Postby quackpipe » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:10 am

Nice work Nemont. Thank you for your dedication to reducing the chances of a h1n5 avian bird flu outbreak one mallard at a time. You are a true humanitarian. Keep up the good work.
Quack
quackpipe
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:11 pm

Nemont is a giver, the man does nothing but fight diligantly to protect all of us and our families from avian overpopulation :salude:

Oh, and just so you know...he hunts about a mile south of heaven on earth :toofunny:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby wigeon man » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:08 pm

haha niceeeee
wigeon man
hunter

Postby dukkilr6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 pm

15 in the first pic? Watch the limits guys.

http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=24095

Unless I missed something the limits are 7 a piece in the pacific flyway and 6 in the central flyway. I don't mean to be a jerk but there are limits for a reason.
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby quackpipe » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:29 pm

dukkilr6 - Your investigation was as full of holes as Nemont's mallards. First off in Montana on the Central Flyway the limit is no more than 5 mallards per person. Refer to the link that you so courtiosly put on to educate us ignorant Montanans (page 5 bottom of the first column). Secondly look at both the pictures and try to figure out how they set their camera up in the river for the shot of the two guys and their limits. My guess would be that the third hunter who also got his 5 mallards took the picture. We appreciate your dilligent conservation just refine your investigative technique. Hope you have plenty of ducks in Minnesooootaaahhh. Once again Nemont, I commend you for a job well done. You are a humanitarian, conservationist, and a gift to our sport.
:salude:
quackpipe
hunter

Postby dukkilr6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:45 pm

My bad guys. I apolagize. I'm coming out there in early January and just want there to be a couple left over for me. Sorry again.

dukkilr6
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby nemont » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:08 pm

dukkilr6 wrote:15 in the first pic? Watch the limits guys.

http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=24095

Unless I missed something the limits are 7 a piece in the pacific flyway and 6 in the central flyway. I don't mean to be a jerk but there are limits for a reason.

I am pretty ethical when it comes to limits and such. I can understand your confusion. Here in the central flyway it is only 5 mallards, this late in the year that is generally all that we have here. We do get a few widgeon but over here we can shoot pintails after Nov. 8th.

In these pics there were three of us hunting. I was running the camera as I am the only idiot that insist on pics everytime I am out hunting. My hunting partners hate it until after the season and then they want copies of all the pics.

Also if you are coming out in early January you will only have 4 days of ducks hunting in the Central Flyway because ducks end on Jan. 4th over here.

Nemont
nemont
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting