DU Banquet: A Successful Turnout

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

DU Banquet: A Successful Turnout

Postby montana quackhead » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:57 pm

Last night, quackpipe and I attended the DU Banquet in Missoula. I was suprised about the turnout. There were a lot of folks there. :getdown: Luckily, I don't run into those numbers of people out in the field. :yes: Anyway, a lot of money was raised for the ducks and it was a success! Of course, I kicked down a couple of hundreds of dollars for certain raffles and ended up winning an item during the live auction. That's the only xmas gifts those ducks get from me and hopefully, they will return the favor by giving me some good shoots. Cheers to the participants and ducks! :salude: :salude: :salude:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:04 pm

I was there too but didn't win anything. I gave up my fair share of cash as well. They're a good non-profit. I wish there was free beer like in years past instead of $4 beers.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby Fredito » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:07 pm

I went to a NWTF one a few years ago and you bought a $10 pint glass that had a neat etching in it and it was free refills all night long....I thought it was a good idea
Fredito
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:13 pm

Yeah, I was definetly bummed about the unopen bar. I'll pay for the liquor, but the beer, come on! I think there should have been some kegs to increase the chatterboxes so I can find there honey holes!! :getdown: Just kidding. Anyway, still a good time and hopefully all the money on alcohol goes to the ducks too!
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting