curious

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

curious

Postby Get'em » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:31 pm

I went out on sunday to hunt one of my sweet spots and did really well i limited on ducks and geese with both a duck and goose band but now to the question one of the ducks of my limit was a hen but this hen was different we had a flock of about 20 lock in and i noticed a golden lookin duck i ended up shootin that one and it was a hen mallard but it wasnt a mottled brown it was a golden silver with gray where the bluish purple is on the wings i was just wonderin has anybody else seen this.
Get'em
hunter

Postby Fredito » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:05 pm

a duck with grey, silver and blue feathers!! maybe it was an old lady duck :smile:
Fredito
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:21 pm

If you could submit a photo, that would be great. I'm curious to see what it looks like. Plus, I like the country you run around in. I've done quite a bit huntin down in your neck of the woods and it there's not good huntin', there's gorgeous scenery. Especially in Three Forks where the women are wild and the ducks are scared! :salude: :salude: :salude: :salude: I know why they call it "Teasers". :eek:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby Hart » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:14 pm

Most likely a hybrid of some sort. Submit a photo and we'll figure it out.
Hart
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:20 pm

did it look like this?

if so i guess they are called "blond" mallards. same thing happens to them like those albino snakes where they dont have all their color pigments or something along those lines.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Re

Postby Get'em » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:06 pm

Thats awesome i had never seen one before i shot this one and it looks exactly like that if i hadnt done a number on the head i would have it mounted but thanks for the info thats pretty cool
Get'em
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting