man and his dog looking for a buddy around missoula!

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

man and his dog looking for a buddy around missoula!

Postby joelhenry000 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Hey all.
just found this awesome site, and have been having a read, and it seems like there are alot of hunters from Missoula area on the boards!
This is my first season of hunting in the USA, i am from England, and have done some hunting there and in Australia where i lived for a couple years, though not a great deal.
im not looking for handouts, im a keen learner, and if anyone would be kind enough to let an Englishman and his young weimeraner come out into the fields with them they would be incredibly grateful!

my pup has just turned 1, he is rambunctious and full of energy and loves to get out in the wild, and he needs a mentor as much as me!

i am interested in upland game bird, and waterfowl for now, maybe i will buy a big game rifle later in the season.

so yeah, there it is, basically i need a friend haha.

also if anyone has any experience with the rooster ridge pheasant club, what its like, etc then id love to hear it. thinking of signing up.

hope everyone is enjoying the season so far!
joelhenry000
hunter

Re: man and his dog looking for a buddy around missoula!

Postby joelhenry000 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:58 pm

thats me and my pup when he was a few months old on the right!
joelhenry000
hunter

Postby GeeGriz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Hey me and a couple guys try and get out before classes and on the weekends. A lot of the guys on this board are pretty hush hush about the spots but they are all on this thing called google maps. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to get out. Next weekend we are planning a pretty big trip, we don't have access to fields right now and mostly stick to the rivers around town. But i know there are some BMA opportunities on fields just havent scouted it yet.
GeeGriz
hunter

Postby joelhenry000 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:24 pm

haha, yeah i get the whole dont give away secrets thing.

thanks i will definately drop you a lihne.
i have pretty much spent last two weeks on google maps and on the BMA interactive maps.
joelhenry000
hunter

Postby flatheadvalley » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:25 pm

seems like a lot of the local teal , woodies n widgeon took off with the cold nights , no real numbers of new birds moving in yet either > maybe a slow weekend??
flatheadvalley
Newb

Postby GeeGriz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:30 am

Yeah pretty slow weekend around here. Cold on saturday but that front moved through a couple days before the weekend hit. Clear skies til the middle of the week and another front is suppose to come through.
GeeGriz
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting