MIssoula/Lincoln area hunters - lost dog!

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

MIssoula/Lincoln area hunters - lost dog!

Postby marcbme » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:12 am

I lost my english setter "Ruger" around the Clearwater Junction/River Junction area.

He got on a deer trail and lost track of me and went deaf (they have a tendancy to do that)

He is very missed by me and my son, if you should happen to hear something PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Thanks guys,

Marc
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Postby madmike » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Marc there is a rescue shelter in Seeley Lake. They may have some info for you or could contact you if they here anything. The name is Paws Up Safe Home. The contact person is Renee and the number is (406)677-3435 Did you leave any info at the gas station at the junction. Let me know were going into missoula on monday and we could put up a flyer for you. Good luck
madmike
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:07 pm

Which is it, Clearwater or River Junction? River Junction is where the N. Fork meets the main stem and is near Ovando but you travel on a dirt road to get there after crossing Scotty Brown Bridge. Clearwater is where the Clearwater meets the Blackfoot and is near the giant cow on HWY 200. Neither are anywhere near Lincoln. I will put the word out to some people I know that live up there but more specific information might help determine where your dog might show up. Good luck.

If your dog likes to chase elk he is probably getting into lots of trouble up there right now as there are hundreds of elk wintering on each ranch in that area.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby marcbme » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:31 pm

Talk about luck! Went up there today and talked to a guy that lives up near the Clear Water Junction.

He put the word out and they found him! He's in his kennel, exausted, sore pads but warm and safe.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting