Can't find Mr. Green...

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Can't find Mr. Green...

Postby K-Town » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:06 pm

...But the honkers are sure plentiful!

Located the X, about 500 geese, next morning about 1000 geese show up, no wind makes the geese not want to work real good, but got a 5 man limit in a hour fifteen.

This was a hunt in a blizzard, geese flew a little late, but when they did they where literally about 2 feet above the ground batteling the wind and snow and where trying to land 5 yards in front of our blinds making it a absolute slaughter fest, best goose hunt of my life! When we were picking up, geese were still trying to land in our decoys.
K-Town
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:08 pm

Nice very nice :salude:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Hart » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:24 pm

Nice buddy. I'm going to find Mr. Green tomorrow. I'll let you know how Hutch and I fair.
Hart
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:05 am

We had just the opposite yesterday. We put 1000 geese to bed Thursday night and set up Friday morning same place. We saw 70 geese the next day all day. It was cold and clear all day. We managed to bring in two groups and kill 8. The big bunches must have pulled out in the night after feeding. Tomorrow if it stays cold we are doing our last pheasant hunt, mixed with some green heads on warm springs.
Good to see you are into the geese, someone needs to reduce the population. Go Well Wayne
Force Fetch
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting