lots of birds way to late

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

lots of birds way to late

Postby Get'em » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:55 pm

I ventured out this morning to shoot some ducks it was a battle with the wind blowin about 60 miles an our i managed to get 5 by nine and that was it but it was pretty tough for them to land into the dekes but about 8 o clock i started noticing big flocks startin to come flyin over me it didnt matter where you looked it was nothin but ducks this went on till about 10:30 then i left but this still were comin to bad it is already the end of the year
Get'em
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:59 pm

Thank you for the report! Were those birds way up high and moving through or were most of them pitching in? I hope we get a few more birds down this way before our season ends on the 19th!
Best of luck while you finish up the season!
wingnutty
hunter

re

Postby Get'em » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:29 pm

well on saturday the wind was blowin about 60 mph they were comin off of a pfrivate spring just about 700yards away and they couldnt even get over the trees by the road so they were really low but then on sunday they flew really high since there was no wind or weather just clouds
Get'em
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting