Trade a Hunt?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Trade a Hunt?

Postby steelslinger86 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Well, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Steve, 27 years old, and live in east central Illinois. I have been hunting my whole life and waterfowl for about the last 7 years. I mainly hunt ducks on various lakes and rivers and geese in fields. So, onto the topic at hand. I am heading to Havre, MT. on the 25th of Oct. for about 4 weeks of work. How convenient, I leave the day before our season opener. But anyways, I am hoping to be able to meet up with someone off of here and get to do some hunting while i'm out there. I don't want to know your spots or recommendations, no gps coordinates, I will likely never be back to the area again in my life. I won't have access to a personal vehicle and wont have room to pack decoys or much extra. I am simply looking for an invite, I will bring my shotgun, clothes, waders, and personal gear. I'm not looking to bring buddies or have you set a group of us up on one of your spots. It is simply me by myself wanting to hunt. I will help carry decoys, set out a spread, buy breakfast, or whatever I can do to help. Maybe you normally hunt alone and wouldnt mind having a hand for a few weeks, maybe you and your buddies just wouldn't mind an extra guy tagging along. I will only be able to hunt weekends, as I will be working through the week. If you ever want to come to Illinois to hunt, I would gladly return the favor.

If you want help scouting on the weekend to find a spot, I'm glad to ride along and help pay for some gas. As I wont have a vehicle to use anyways. So, if anyone wants to help a guy out, it would be much appreciated. I figure it sucks bad enough being 24 hours away from my wife and kids for 4 weeks, but missing a good chunk of our hunting season too really sucks. Somebody please help me pass the time and get some hunting in. Sincerely, Steve.
steelslinger86
hunter

Re: Trade a Hunt?

Postby Bulldog0156 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:09 pm

If I can get an elk this weekend I would probably be willing to head over to Havre for a hunt :thumbsup:
Bulldog0156
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting