Missouri River

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Missouri River

Postby thesportinglifestyle » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Hey guys- New to the forum, and I currently live in Utah, but am moving to Montana in the next couple years. I spend over half my time in Montana right now working and I'm looking forward to getting the state figured out for waterfowl.

This weekend we will be hunting on the Missouri around Craig...I've always seen a ton of birds there when fishing, so it'll be interesting to hunt it. I'm sure we will see a few and hopefully put a few in the boat.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi and hopefully can be more active in here now that I actually set up an account. Cheers to a great season!
thesportinglifestyle
hunter

Re: Missouri River

Postby Force Fetch » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Don't pin yourself to one spot the birds are pretty well scattered, keep looking for them and you should do well.
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby thesportinglifestyle » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:31 am

Force Fetch wrote:Don't pin yourself to one spot the birds are pretty well scattered, keep looking for them and you should do well.

Thanks for the words. We are going to float it in a drift boat and when we find birds we will pull off and set up... Should be interesting... and there may even be a pass shot or two.
thesportinglifestyle
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Let us know how ya do
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby thesportinglifestyle » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

huntfishnv wrote:Let us know how ya do

Will do!
thesportinglifestyle
hunter

Postby thesportinglifestyle » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Had a great couple days.... mixed bag. Killed some honkers, mallards, golden eyes and a few mergansers. Not a ton of birds on the river it seemed, but seemed like a fair amount on the ponds around Cascade. Good times floating in the drift boat and shooting though!
thesportinglifestyle
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting