Duck Hunting Forum banner

New Duck Hunting Club

5K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  phutch30 
#1 ·
Fellas, just started a new hunting crew with Phutch & PT Roofer & we're calling ourselves the Montana Militia...pretty sweet if you ask me. Here is our sweet logo, who else wants in? Hens beware!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I love this one :

"Chris Barron
To everyone that has made no effort toward hanging out with the group. Not helped with ANY blinds. When you wish to enjoy the rewards with out working. Your dedication has been noticed, and will be taken into consideration during hunting season."

#12 ·
When asked why they shoot so many hens and what makes them Montana's premier hunting organization here was their response to Pmahler.

His response : We do kill hens yes. Conservation is key whether its a doe, cow elk, or a hen. We consider ourselves a premier hunting organization because we focus on sharing and giving back to our community while focusing hard on the green wing program and trying to get as many kids and first timers out on the water and into the outdoors. We are starting to sell decals and shirts; giving money to the wounded warrior project and Ducks Unlimited. Within our group without starting our decals or shirts we have donated over 3000 dollars to Ducks Unlimited and a part of the Great Falls chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Oh my god I made the mistake of looking them up on youtube. First video I saw.

In the beginning they water swat a large group of ducks, water swatting seems to be their preferred techinque. The calling, wow. At 21:50 of the video you can see them stalking along the edge of a pond and a graphic comes on the screen that say "Coot jum shoot, they migrate by foot" then they open up on coots.

If you want to shoot coots then by all means do so,but I know there are alot of hardcore waterfowlers on here, have any of you ever seen coots migrating on foot? Is it like the old buffalo herds migrating in the old days, does traffic stop for large groups of coots crossing the highway for days at a time?

Haven't watched all the video yet but I'm sure its loaded with pure comedy gold.

#14 ·
Couple more quotes from video.

"Dude you drilled that f@$$$%ing decoy"
Guess that happens when you water swatt all your ducks.

"Duck get up, get up oh well. Bang bang. I told you to get up"

One says to the other "Hey, stupid hurts"
Must be alot of sore boys over there.

#15 ·
LOL, yeah I saw some pretty far shots being made. Couldn't listen to it though because Im sharing an office right now lol

#16 ·
oh no, wow, please tell me this is a joke? :help: This is a joke, right :eek: Why do grown men feel the need to form little clubs and give themselves meaningless titles :lol3: See, the only problem with duck hunting is that when these nimrods do form clubs, they also get to make little blinds (we'll call them tree houses) therefore reinforcing their 8 year old psyche. I'm pretty sure if you look close you'll see a tin can and a string and a no girls allowed sign.

To everyone that has made no effort toward hanging out with the group. Not helped with ANY blinds. When you wish to enjoy the rewards with out working. Your dedication has been noticed, and will be taken into consideration during hunting season."
Hey, in his defense, that blind in the video is SWEET! What is it, like 2 logs piled on top of each other. I suppose the boat hide, kitchen and s$hitter is in the back of the blind out of view of the camera.

LOL, yeah I saw some pretty far shots being made. Couldn't listen to it though because Im sharing an office right now lol
Tell you what, go grab your duck call, stick it up your azz and fart, that'll give you a clue to the sounds emaneting from their blind. :lol3:

#17 ·
I hope they have public land behind them cuz otherwise retrieving that goose that finally fell at 1:36 will be tresspassing. Im so jealous. Im so gunna form my own cool club

Ray-Im buying spray paint this year for camoin up. That grease paint just dont cut it the way I roll

#18 ·
I just realized why we dont kill ducks like they do. The blinds! seriously, I dont think Ive spent as much time on the last doz bank blinds as they do on each of thiers. Impressive, Id spend 1/2 a day watchin Pete and Ray build a castle like that

#19 ·
I asked them why they shot so many hens as they claim to be a conservation minded group. Pointed out that shooting fifty hens a year is lie killing 2000 ducks a year. I got this response.

Ray we appreciate your comment and you liking our Facebook page. You have every right to criticize us and how we do things. But remember what mothers always say. If you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say it at all. Have a nice day. And happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
The boys are sure jumpy about a little ribbing. My response was a little long winded, but everybody knows I talk alot.

good luck this weekend M3, represent the 406 with some sweet piles of brown ducks. Looking forward to some pics!!
Top Comments
Write a comment...

Ray Beaulieu: Completely legal to harvest two hens. Although if you do the math its not that hard to figure out that the more you hunt ducks, the more impact you have on the population you love to hunt. Lets assume that you harvest 50 hens a year. Each hen averages seven ducklings a year for around eight years, assuming they don't die from natural causes of course. That means that in a average year you eliminate 2800 future ducks from the population. Since you guys look like you hunt more then 25 days a year, the numbers really get huge. Times that number by all the guys that hunt with you. Is there anything illegal about that? Nope. Is that something a die hard waterfowler should consider? Yep. You guys obviously have some good spots and the gear, instead of shooting everything in sight to get a 45 minute limit, why not focus on getting 7 drakes and spend a hour and a half? You point out how much time you spend preparing for the hunt, why rush to get the hunt over quickly when you actually hunt? I was like you ten years ago, shooting everything I saw, but then got hooked up with some guy's who were die hard drake shooters and I can tell you it is much more rewarding and enjoyable taking your time and picking out your targets. And no, I am not a Duck Dynasty newbie. I hunt waterfowl an average of 74 days a year, have a 16' cargo trailer with 12 dozen full body goose decoys and 6 dozen shells, 5 dozen field mallards, multiple layout blinds, a jet boat with several dozen floating duck and goose decoys and have taken kids all across the state on hunting trips sponsored through the Greenwing program myself. I have averaged 200 plus ducks killed a year for the last few years and would hate to see that number go to 6000 by shooting a hundred hens a year. Last year I shot 221 ducks and two were hens. I honest bad choice of a shot on one and collateral damage on another. I also stood in a slough with a good buddy last year, up in your area, and had about 20 mallards float in. When the two of us were done shooting and the dogs picked everything up there were six dead greenheads with six shots, all out of one group. Its not that hard and I honestly think you would improve your enjoyment of our sport. That being said, feel free to do as you please of course, just consider the added damage to the population, a population that isn't in need of having the numbers cut down. When you put all this footage and pictures out on social media, alot of up and coming youngsters see it and learn from it, take it as a opportunity to steer them down the right path. We owe it to the next generation of waterfowlers and to the species we like to hunt. Killing hens is great for the guy just starting out who kills 20 ducks a year, but as you advance and become a more profecient hunter, you need to look at things differently. Take this as you will, but I have said my piece.

Like · Reply · a few seconds ago..

Montana Mallard Militia I got this one Barron.....see Ray im the sarcastic admin and id love to stay here all night and keep hurting your feelings.......so...when did they outlaw harvesting your hen limit Ray. I must not have gotten that memo.....or im sure your just such an amazing waterfowl you have the inside scoop right?

Like · Reply · 22 minutes ago via mobile..

Ray Beaulieu so how long will it take for you to delete this post like you did my other ones?

Like · Reply · 37 minutes ago..

Montana Mallard Militia How long will it take you to grow up an act like an adult? I bet your parents are real proud.

Like · Reply · 31 minutes ago via mobile..

Montana Mallard Militia Haha listen to this guy boys! Must be daisy of a waterfowler....probably saw an episode of Duck Dynasty and went out and bought a shotgun and some dekes.

Like · Reply · 40 minutes ago via mobile

#23 ·
Well after pointing out a few things the M3 boys could do different last night they broke down and started calling me names and insulting my mother. I was emotionally devasted. When they accused me of never shooting any ducks, I posted twenty some pics of piles of green from the last couple years. They accused me of pulling pictures off google so I took a picture of my dog and her distinctive collar next to a copy of the Billings Gazette and told them to compare it to the photos. Woke up this morning and the entire conversation is deleted from thier wall and I am blocked.
Help a guy out and swing over there and make some comments, Montana Mallard Militia on facebook. I see Wanapaski was there.
Im off to try to find a pond full of coots to jump shoot.

#24 ·
PTROOFER FTFOWLER said:
Well after pointing out a few things the M3 boys could do different last night they broke down and started calling me names and insulting my mother. I was emotionally devasted. When they accused me of never shooting any ducks, I posted twenty some pics of piles of green from the last couple years. They accused me of pulling pictures off google so I took a picture of my dog and her distinctive collar next to a copy of the Billings Gazette and told them to compare it to the photos. Woke up this morning and the entire conversation is deleted from thier wall and I am blocked.
Help a guy out and swing over there and make some comments, Montana Mallard Militia on facebook. I see Wanapaski was there.
Im off to try to find a pond full of coots to jump shoot.
I am everywhere... Including bozeman lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.