Duck Hunting Forum banner

Please send me maps to your favorite duck hunting spots

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  quackpipe 
#1 ·
Howdy fellow Montana Duck Hunting internet friends.

I know you folks don't know anything about me but you can trust me. You can see that I have a real trustworthy handle on the internet (Hart) and heck that makes us just like best friends, right. Really you can trust me. I really need everyone's help. I'm not going to try to coerce information by asking sly questions like where you launch your boat, what color truck you drive, is that such and such mountain in the background of that picture, or what county you live in. Heck I'm just going to come on out and ask. You see I'm a real busy guy. I don't have the time, the money, or quite frankly the energy to scout for myself. To me it's not about the chase or figuring things out for myself. Heck I don't even know if I could read one of those typo maps. I had one of those GPS deals but the instructions were just to long and hard to figure out. To me Duck Hunting is just about killing ducks. I was hoping everyone could just send me maps to thier most favorite duck hunting spots. Please make sure the spot has lots of birds, not to much mud, and the water can't be to deep. I don't work anymore so I hunt during the week and I pick up all of my hulls. You will probably never know I was there. :laughing: . If it's a really good spot I'll probably end up buying it and I promise I'll let you on to hunt. Really you can trust me. You can send the maps to JustMovedToMTfromCA.com. I promise to post pictures of me killing ducks in your favorite spot. Thanks for your help, Your Huntin Buddy

PS- Don't try to get in touch with me in person. I had this guy that wanted to actually meet me in person and talk about duck hunting one time. He even asked if I wanted to hunt with him after we met. Man that freaked me out. Let's just keep our friendship to the internet. Trust me. It will be better that way.

Sorry guys I had to do it. You know I love all duck hunters. I just love the ones that know what the word HUNT means alittle more. Take care, Mark

See less See more
#4 ·
Sad but true. Whether you want to disclose the information is totally up to you, but don't say you were not warned. I have volunteered to take a few hunting, only to be stood up :pissed: . Later you find them at your spot with 4 other buddies and they don't offer to let you join up...

I can't thank everyone enough who has asked me to go hunt with them, time and time again. Always nice to make some new buddies to hunt with (my wife is only fun to hunt with so long :yes: )

#7 ·
That was the first post I read after finding this chat. Cracks me up. I loved it. Duck hunting spots are like women, there are only a few good ones and when you get one, you don't ever talk about them. Look forward to meeting some fellow Montanans on this chat.

#10 ·
Mark, I wonder how many Internet Scouts you'd still see cruising around looking for your honeyhole if you posted a limit pic with the smelter stack or Wal-Mart sign in the background.

Got a "date" for the DU banquet? I want to buy you a couple of beers and ask you about your secret hunting spots. :salude:

#11 ·
I just follow this weird guy who never needs to sleep from Oct-Jan. He has this funny license plate, something about 7 male ducks, around. I hear he knows where to go.

Mark-you forgot this-Also if you dont tell me right where to hunt, I will get really belligerent and rude and call you names.

What brought this on? I swear I was only going to use that info for my own use...honest.

Also What the heck are you doing up at 1am. You older guys need your beauty sleep. LOL

#12 ·
I leave you guys in MT and this is what happens. Thank god I am not your moderator. What a job that must be. :yes:

I will be finding some good spots down here so ifn you ever want to travel to North Nothern Ca or used to be know as Southern Oregon let me know. But first I will need to post on the Oregon site and ask where all the honey holes are, maybe I will ask for gps coordinates instead of a map since us younger folks know how to use them.

#13 ·
Leaky your on for the drinks. Hutch, my favorite is still the guy that ran his boat into 2"s of water and when asked if he needed help said "no thanks, this ain't my first rodeo ". That was a classic. Who needs sleep when it's bird season. Your right about the beauty sleep. The older I get the more beauty sleep I need. One thing that's great about being ugly is that you don't have to wear a face mask when hunting. I never spook game because they just can't believe that's a face looking back up at them. Thank God my wife loves me for my kind nature, quick wit, and extremely high IQ. Besides her boy friend is extremely good looking. Jeff we miss you man but I was wondering if you would keep Paul & I abreast of what shot shell you're shooting. We've made a lot of money on ammunition stock ever since we saw you shoot. Have fun in So. Or. We had some good times when I lived there. I really miss chasing those Chukars all over the High Desert. Good times and Awesome bird hunting.

#14 ·
Ahh, gotta love the internet scouters. Amazingly, those 1-post wonders still get a fair amount of info. I think it should be a rule...you must have 50+ posts to ask for "spots". :salude:

Helped one guy from WA or someplace earlier this year. He wanted help cause he was gonna be in Bozeman for a few weeks. I gave him some good info, not specific spots, but at least places to get started. He came back a month later and ripped me for not helping him enough :help: Some people are just morons I guess. But maybe I'm the moron for even helping anyone anymore :cool:

BTW: Hart, come down I-15 past Dillion, past Duboise and then turn left (east) on highway 33. Go through rexburn and turn North on Highway 20. Get off at the 2nd exit for St. Anthony. Go north through St. Anthony, past the gas station and turn west (left) onto Main st. Follow it out 2 miles and you'll see some ponds on the south side of the road. Pull off on the pull-out and have at it. You and all the birds you kill will smell like $h!t and you might be in trouble if the sanitation guys catch you, but you're bound too finish up with a heavy lanyard. (Please, note, DO NOT come and visit me when you are done until you at least take a shower :yes: )

#15 ·
Hart, I heard of a secret spot high up in the Scratch Gravel hills. It's where the ducks go once yall've put a hurtin' on em'. :salude: If I ever had a great spot, yall would definetly know! Then, the outsiders could join up and see who and what is really being hunted. :eek: May all Montana duck hunters find at least one new huntin' spot this year, not via the internet! :salude: :salude: :salude:

#18 ·
Nice map. Really good place to elk hunt. Well known for trophy mule deer.Its located right across the valley from Rape Cr (it really is). Hmmm wonder how they thought up those names.

#20 ·
Actully bloodydick flows into horse praire creek and then into clark canyon res and then ito the beaverhead. But I know what your saying. There is a church over in wise river named "the church of the bighole". I always laugh when I drive by it.

#22 ·
The same should be noted for coveted fishing information.

I'll give you the adress of a banded mallard. I saw it today in Rattlesnake Creek in Missoula. It was in a residential area and it's not hunting season but I was still thinking hmmmm, how can I get that band? If I can get the number tomorrow with binoculars do you think they'll still send me a certificate?

Hart, I mounted one of those sattelite tracking mallard backpacks to the undercarrige of your truck so now all I have to do is log on to the Arkansas game and fish page and I can see exactly where you are at all times. Saves me a ton of scouting time.

#23 ·
If the creek hunting doesn't work out at my last spot, try some lake hunting at my other spot. Don't worry about it freezing up, it never freezes. The snowgeese come in and dont come out. Good diver hunting early season and big fat mallards late season. Plenty of room for lots of hunters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.