Hart and PHutch's Honey Hole revealed

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Hart and PHutch's Honey Hole revealed

Postby Hart » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:58 pm

I have had a change of heart. Sorry Hutch but I'm revealing our secret spot for all to enjoy. I think you will all recognize the spot when you see the picture. I would really suggest hunting off of Tom Sawyer Island. There are a ton of Mallards that work back into this area from the Jungle Cruise and quite a few teal work in from "It's a Small World".. Please have some respect for the Donald as he is off limits. Rather than decoys I would highly recommend spreading popcorn and small pieces of corn dog around on the water. That really seems to do the trick. If you put pants and a shirt on your dog you'll have no trouble getting them through the gate. Well that's it. I have no secrets from the duckhuntingchat site any longer. Again I'm sorry Hutch. I know you and I have spent many long hours scouting this area but it really is time to share this "magic" place with others. The folks from CA will be excited I'm sure to find out the real honey hole is right in thier backyard after all.

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=470930&c=500&z=1"]Image[/url]
Hart
hunter

Postby Duck Runner » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:03 am

Um... I think you put Donald and Daisy Duck in with Photoshop. They don't look right..
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby wingnutty » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:24 am

Hmmm, yeah, and what is Goofy doing behind Hutch? Hope his waders don't have a hole in them :toofunny:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby Leakydecoy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:02 pm

M-I-C...see ya next season... I'll keep an eye out for a teacup-shaped blind. Shouldn't be too hard to find...it's a small world afterall.
Leakydecoy
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:58 pm

Dangit Mark. We had a deal. You were never going to talk about this spot. At least you didnt mention the petting zoo part. LOL, thats great. And Mark I am glad to see the new medication is working.

I had a fun day today. My buddy and I went over to the madison valley on a cow elk hunt. We had his cow, actually a bull calf, in the back of the truck by 740am and it was hung skun and quartered in my garage by noon. He is a nice young man and only wanted some trim for jerky. I actually think he is a little soft in the head as he gave me both hind quarters, the backstraps and the tenderloins. He wanted the neck meat, flanks and front shoulders. I really didnt try to talk him out of it.

We need to do a fishing trip to flathead soon.

Paul
phutch30
hunter

Postby Hart » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Yes I've been a little bored since the end of the season. My wife looked at this post and asked if I was OK. Headed for AK next week on bus. Nothing like a little dose of "the last frontier" to get a guys head screwed on straight. I apologize to everyone for posting something other than an ice fishing report in February. :laughing: Flathead sounds good.
Hart
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting