I have a buddy that has hunted the Big Horn River the last two years. He claims that his '06 trip there was one of he best hunts of his life.
I guess I'm checking on his BS, because I am now thinking on visiting your great state for the '07 season. I hunt the Mississippi River here in Winona Minnesota, duck numbers have been down the last few years and I am looking to do some exploring. I am wondering how different the Big Horn is from he muddy Miss? If anyone can help on the following questions I would appreciate it. Oh and I won't ask for maps of your favorite spots either. :laughing:
1. How fast is the current generally?(I hear the best spots are in current breaks etc)
2. Safe for dogs to hunt? (again I guess relates back o current speed)
3. Safe for 2 guys and a dog in a 12 foot flatbottom? or Grumman sports boat? I understand that outboards are not allowed.
4. How is the peasant hunting in that area/hunting land access?
5. If your really bored or a fast typer outline typical days hunt on the Bighorn.