General Questions about MT hunting

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

General Questions about MT hunting

Postby jayare1870 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35 am

First off, let me be clear, I'm not asking for anyone's honeyhole and I'm not doing any internet scouting. I'm just asking for general information about waterfowling in Montana.
I'm a longtime waterfowler from the Southeast and I've recently been handed the keys to a small cabin near Belfry MT. I'm headed up there this summer with my wife but I also plan on heading back up in the Fall to hunt. Since the people that own the cabin aren't hunters, I have no one to ask about hunting in Montana besides the internet.
I see that Clark Ford flows through Belfry, is this a viable waterfowling flyway? If so, is anyone familiar with any public areas along that stretch of river. If that if not a viable option, does anyone have any suggestion of public areas that would be worth trying out. Like I said, I'm not asking for GSP coordinates of your honey hole, just for someone to point me in the general direction of some public land where I could try and shoot a few ducks. Mostly, I just want to be outside and enjoy all the Montana has to offer. Thanks
jayare1870
Newb

Re: General Questions about MT hunting

Postby phutch30 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Portions of the clark fork are good if you spend time scouting and gettng permission
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: General Questions about MT hunting

Postby jayare1870 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks, we plan on spending a few days scouting and making contacts before hunting. Scouting is half the fun. Thanks again
jayare1870
Newb

Return to Montana Duck Hunting