Big Game app ?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Big Game app ?

Postby dukhnter7 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:36 am

Hey guys. Need some help. I just submitted my big game app for Montana but nowhere in the app did it ask what area I was hunting. Are the non-res lic. general? I'm planning on hunting in 590. Hope I didn't screw up. :help:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby Leakydecoy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:30 am

You've only applied for the combination license thus far. If you're successful in drawing in the NR pool for this license you'll be guaranteed a general deer or elk tag (or both depending upon which combination license you applied for) meaning you can hunt in any Deer A or general elk areas shown in the regs. Be aware that you are competing against other NR applicants whose name goes in the hat an additional time for each bonus point they've accumulated for being unsuccessful in previous draws. The regulations, including those for tags within specific hunting districts, are supposed to be out by the end of this week but you almost always need to add a week to their estimated release. Applications for those tags are due by June 1.
Leakydecoy
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:29 am

Great! Thanks!
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting