Strange Sighting Today

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Strange Sighting Today

Postby Troutslayer » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:45 pm

I saw a lone snow goose today on the bank of the Blackfoot River. It was just sitting there. I have never seen one around at this time of year so I assumed it was sick and I tried to catch it. When it flew away I could see a neck band and a leg band. I took a few pictures but they didn't come out very well. Strange. Anyway, I'll be up that way again and I'm going to bring my binoculars and see if I can get the numbers off those bands.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby quackpipe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:33 pm

I was up running to Harry Morgan on Easter and saw a a good size group of snows fighting the wind and trying to land in the fields up there. Also saw a bunch of blue wings, shovellers, green wings, and mallys in the ponds along the road.
quackpipe
hunter

Postby nemont » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:53 pm

I was driving to Billings the other day and saw something about 600 yards up the road. Could figure out what the heck it was until I go closer. Ended up being these goofy things wondering around back and forth across the road.

nemont
hunter

Postby wigeon man » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:53 pm

sandhill cranes..can you shoot them up there
I support PETA...People Eating Tastey Animals
wigeon man
hunter

Postby Duck Runner » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Sandhill cranes indeed... Spotted a few of those last week myself. These look to be Greater Sandhills - how tall where they?
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting