Figures!!! MY sheep unit is on fire

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Figures!!! MY sheep unit is on fire

Postby phutch30 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:39 pm

It figures I draw a ram tag and rock creek has fires in it and around it. I hope it goes out quick.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Fredito » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:16 pm

Ouch! that is not good.... Hope it goes out quick for you...good luck
Fredito
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:44 pm

Hope you remembered to send in the $50 more. That would suck something awful, drawing that tag and forgetting to send in the rest and having it awarded to the next person in line. Not having seen the fire maps (though I saw the fire the other day), it's hard to say what it will do to the sheep. Maybe they will converge on the valley floor until the fire is out. They're not going to cross the highway because that all burned too, so where would they go? The whole area isn't going to burn to a crisp so just maybe it will concentrate them in areas that didn't burn and make your hunt a little easier. If all the trees are gone you should be able to glass them better.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Sheep tag is in hand. One fire is about 400 acrs and is in sawmill creek the total acrs on fire is about 2500. I hope it stays on the west side of rock creek. They are starting structure protection in the area now. Please please, please leave one 190 ram for me.
phutch30
hunter

Fire

Postby madmike » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:33 am

Phutch I feel for ya. We got evacuated on sat. This fire in seeley is NUTS!! 18'000 acres in 4 days. Right now its blowing a way from us. But anything can happen. We started packing and told my wife the important thing were my dog my guns and my decoys. then she asked what about me. Like it has been said before when you get my birds as good as my dog will move you up on the list. All kidding aside a prayer would sure help right now. Thanks
madmike
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting