Duck Hunting Forum banner

Miles city vs Billings for waterfowl???

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  phutch30 
#1 ·
Which is better for ducks and geese as far as land and opportunity goes in MT... Miles city or Billings. I have hunted Billings a few times but it seems I always have to drive over an hour to get somewhere because Billings did not hold the birds like surrounding areas did. Any in =put in appreciated.

#2 ·
Traveling is a fact of life in hunting MT. Out of the two choices. I would have to pick Billings . There is a huge amount of ag land within an hour of billings and the geese know it. The lower big horn is within an hour and a half or so of billings and is the go to destination for ducks in that part of the state. Geese can be found all along the yellowstone in the beet and wheat fields. I live in the extream SW corner and make a couple of trips for geese over that way every year. Its unbelieveable hunting. A couple years ago 7 of us limited on geese in 30 min. We had 3 different sub species also which was really cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.