Duck Hunting Forum banner

Ennis?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mean Gene 
#1 ·
We'll be spending next July and August in Ennis before moving over to Cody, Wyoming for about three weeks or so. I'm reasonable certain I can figure out the fishing in that time frame, but I'm wondering about other things to do, or things that might be happening in that area that the wife and I could go to/see. Both the wife and I are bluegrass musicians...any pickers in that area? I have seen there's a a small festival near Hamilton that we plan on attending, but it's be nice to sit and pick some tunes with folks in general. Wife likes to quilt. How about historical sites? Points of interest? Rodeos?

Long way out, I know, but It's never too early to start planning and dreaming. I'd be happy fishing every day, but my supreme commander will be interested in finding some other activities to take up time. :lol3: If anybody lives around there we'd be happy to have you over to the RV and bar-b-q up some steaks. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
There are lots of talented people in the Ennis area, hit the farmers market on Friday and you will probably meet some. Let your wife know that there is an OK quilt store in Ennis and that can be a hub to meet other quilters. You always have the lake for swimming and boating, the L& C Caverns and Norris has music almost every weekend up at the springs. You will not lack for things to do besides fishing.
Have a fun stay. Also Bozeman is not that far away if you need a little bigger town fix.

#3 ·
Force Fetch said:
There are lots of talented people in the Ennis area, hit the farmers market on Friday and you will probably meet some. Let your wife know that there is an OK quilt store in Ennis and that can be a hub to meet other quilters. You always have the lake for swimming and boating, the L& C Caverns and Norris has music almost every weekend up at the springs. You will not lack for things to do besides fishing.
Have a fun stay. Also Bozeman is not that far away if you need a little bigger town fix.
Thanks man. The two friends we will be traveling with are up there right now and love it. They made it to the big gun show a couple three weeks ago and said it's a "can't miss" affair. Probably won't spend a lot of time in bigger towns, we like small. I'm sure we'll make a run to Bozeman and have a look around though. Thanks for the info. Last year we made it out to Ft. Benton. Not a lot there, but found some really good people. May have to spend some more time in Wyoming before we get to Ennis. Understand they have a weekly bluegrass jam at the Occidental in Buffalo.

This will be my first "free with nothing I HAVE to do" summer since I first went to work when I was 15. I figure 41 years of working for other people is good enough...time to sit on the bank of the river with my wife and watch the world go by. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#4 ·
There's a cool music festival called moods of the madison that time of year. Definitely keep that in mind.

Also, if there's ever a day you can't catch a fish on the river tie on some size 18 ray charles or any other scud pattern.

#5 ·
huntfishnv said:
There's a cool music festival called moods of the madison that time of year. Definitely keep that in mind.

Also, if there's ever a day you can't catch a fish on the river tie on some size 18 ray charles or any other scud pattern.
Thanks for the info, on both accounts. Have to do some research on what flies to tie between now and then for sure. I've always wondered what it was like to be able to fish rivers that didn't have trees grabbing at your clothes and line all the time. Gonna find out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.