Opening weekend

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Opening weekend

Postby marcbme » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:17 am

How'd everyone do this weekend?

Me, I got one merganzer (I know, I suck)
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

semi successful

Postby fun4jake » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:28 am

I shot 2 gadwall's and a teal. Hunted a new private place and had no idea what to expect. Missed 2 mallards.
fun4jake
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:00 am

we had a great time we were at townsend it was my buddies 21st birthday on saturday he didnt get in much shooting but i ended up with 2 mallards drakes 1 susie and 3 teals. it was my girlfriends first duckhunting trip and she shot a spoonie and a goose. there were 8 of us and i think we ened with about 30 birds our group had the most birds adn the best time by far. the next day was about the same but a little colder.

I am here for a good time..... not a long time :salude:
7grnhds
hunter

Postby marcbme » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 am

7grnhds wrote:we had a great time we were at townsend it was my buddies 21st birthday on saturday he didnt get in much shooting but i ended up with 2 mallards drakes 1 susie and 3 teals. it was my girlfriends first duckhunting trip and she shot a spoonie and a goose. there were 8 of us and i think we ened with about 30 birds our group had the most birds adn the best time by far. the next day was about the same but a little colder.

I am here for a good time..... not a long time :salude:

wow, 30 birds, excellent! Congrats, and Congrats to your g/f, a goose on her first time out.
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:07 pm

I am going to hit up canyon ferry, or clark canyon if anyone is going to be around not sure which one yet but i know ther will be some birds where ever we end up so drop a line

i am here for a good time... not a long one :salude:
7grnhds
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting