Non-resident Permit question?

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

Non-resident Permit question?

Postby SPatrick » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 am

Gonna be in Nebraska for some duck hunting weekend of the 11th with a few buddies. Ive seen that you can get a 2 day non res. permit and an annual non res. permit. We are actually gonna be there for 3 days, is there anyway to get a 2 day permit and then tack on an extra day, or is the year long our only option? Any help with this question is greatly appreciated, thanks alot guys.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Re: Non-resident Permit question?

Postby k9horseluvr » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:10 pm

As far as I can tell....the annual would be your only option for 3 days. I'll do a little more checking and let you know.

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks for the response, I just got off the phone with Nebraska DNR or whatever it may be there, lol, the only option is the year long version. Guess I may have to make a late trip out there as well. Thanks for the help K9.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby k9horseluvr » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:06 pm

No problem. I actually spoke to Nebraska Game and Parks this morning and got the same answer. Just didn't have time to get on here and post it until now. Good luck.

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby clemaire2 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 am

well ill be headed up that way also iv never hunted there before but im going with some buddies that has im just hopeing that they have some canada geese around gook luck on your trip
clemaire2
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:36 pm

There should be, according to our buddy out there that is. Any word on the water, hearing that there are some fears of a freeze up there soon? Good luck to you too Clemaire.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby brentbullets » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Yes it is freezing up as I type this. Most of the state has had lows in the teens and highs in the 20's. Single digits in Scottsbluff.
Walleyes and Waterfowl, what else is there?
brentbullets
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:59 am

Hate to be an internet scouter here but, how bad is the weather in the Omaha area? My ensuing trip depends on this. lol. And is absolutely everything frozen solid? :help: Thanks for any info you can provide me.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby brentbullets » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 am

Its REALLY COLD and blizzard warnings for that area today and tomorrow. I would bet unless you are hunting the river EVERYTHING will be frozen. Fields are where you are going to want to be.
Walleyes and Waterfowl, what else is there?
brentbullets
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:23 pm

I hunt in around Tekamah and work in Omaha. Everything in Northeast NE is frozen unless you have bubblers in a pond or hunting the river. Some of the smaller rivers are still open but starting to close up.

K9
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Sorry to say but as of tonight our NE hunt is no more, I really appreciate all the help from you guys, truly class acts in good ole NE :beer: . Buddies didnt want to brave the blizzard and i think our friend from nebraska is coming to Illinois. Thanks again for all your help fellas, sorry for the e-scout. good luck :clapping:
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting