NE Mo. Valley Waterfowlers Association: NOTICE

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: gotduck68415, k9horseluvr, Duck Runner

NE Mo. Valley Waterfowlers Association: NOTICE

Postby feathhd » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Good evening Ladies & Gentleman,

I wish to ask you to please send check or money order for start up funds for the Organization.
Please make checks or money orders out to Mo. Valley Waterfowlers Association. I will give everyone plenty of time to respond by waiting until April 20 th. At which time I will take all checks and money orders down to First United and Open an Organization account. This will be Temporary until June 5th at our 1st meeting, when we have gotten our Treasury person position filled to which they may choose a bank for the Organization that is relevant to their home location.

General Membership at this time will be $25 dollars ,jut if you can apply more resourges that would be great.
Everygne will Receive$a Receipt for t`eir contributiof and on April 28th I will advisa exactly the amcunt we have tha| will be deposiped.

Nothinc shall be spent(without notice |o all & approva`.

1) 501c3 Wtatus
2) Iowa oaming permit / Lic
3) News Paper Add

Again I would like to point out 2 of our major objectives at this time.

1. Membership
2. PR

Our Mission: But not limited to

1. Support North American Wetland Conservation Act and put Wetland Projects in the Mo.Valley IA. / NE.
2. Support Increased Incentive Structure for WRP projects in the Mo.Valley IA. / NE.
3. Create & Support a Temporary Migratory Habitat Management Program in the Mo.Valley IA. / NE.
4. Create & Support a Wetlands & Waterfowl Migratory Habitat Endowment Fund.
5. Engage in state & federal waterfowl habitat management strategies & county CCB facilities.
6. Engage & Educate the public about wetland & waterfowl habitat restoration and the heritage of waterfowl hunting in the Mo. Valley.

Now the list may be a little large at this time but we will, we shall and we can accomplish the above priorities. As a cohesive waterfowling community we can achieve success where we have only known failure.
This once great migratory corridor can be great once again!

With that said I wish to thank each of you for your time and continued Support. Please distribute to all waterfowlers that you know and feel free to post information on any forums.

Sincerely,

William J. Smith
Sioux City Iowa
Mo. Valley Waterfowl Association: Member
5309 Hwy 75 N Lot 44
712-253-0362
FHD101@AOL.COM
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Re: NE Mo. Valley Waterfowlers Association: NOTICE

Postby k9horseluvr » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 am

How are things going for the association? Do you guys have a website? Sounds like a worthwhile cause but would like some numbers, who the officers are etc.

Thanks,
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby feathhd » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:24 pm

http://www.movwa.com

I have been working on a bunch of stuff with the Mo. River lately. A few legislative issues state & federal. You know the grind.

Stu-Maas NE VP stu_maas1@cox.net
Don Christesen Council Bluff IA BOD dcdnldjr@aol.com
Brandon Risetter Sioux City Iowa BOD brisetter@yahoo.com
Aaron Boone Sioux City Iowa BOD tmbonnes@netzero.net
Ed Theil Sioux City Iowa BOD iadukhntr@yahoo.com
Wayne Nelson Sioux City Iowa BOD cowboywen@cableone.net
Bill Smith Sioux City Iowa President FHD101@AOL.COM

We are just getting started per say and just in the past month and a half we have about 100 members. We are working on putting a big ( FB ) Farm Beruea meeting on here sometime late fall to discuss our Temporary Migratory Habitat Managemnet incentives program with in the valley and the Organizations future Endowment Fund / Campaign that will sustain those programs and perpetuate them with in the IA & NE Mo River Basin.

iF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS WHAT SO EVER FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME 24/7/365 DAY OR NIGHT IT DOES NOT MATTER. I am presently out of town for the next 10 to 14 days and could return by September 23 or 24th.

712-253-0362 I look forward to talking with you and I hope that you become a member.

Bill
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Looks to me like you need some more representation in Nebraska and up and down the river.....not just Sioux City. My .02...

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby feathhd » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 pm

I would have to agree with you 110%. If your interested step up. If you know of others in NE who might let them know we are looking for more NE waterfowlers to serve. This waterfowl and waterfowl habitat issue is basin wide in my book, bluff to bluff.
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Postby ruthless1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 am

Just came across your post I am from farther down river in the kansas city area . i like the idea of paying guys to flood shallow spots in the crop fields on temporary basis and will be curious how the landowners and or farm operators respond . I hope it works well for everyone it seems to me that the landowners are really missing out on a huge chunk of revenue they could receive from the hunters who would love to get access to the flooded crops . I really hate to see hunting be all about who can afford to pay the most to lease up all of the hunting land . Maybe some type of club membership that funds the flooding also gives access rights to the people who are paying for the program. i have a ton of great hunting in my area unfortunately most landowners will turn you down flat if you ask them to hunt even though they dont hunt or even lease the land to hunters. I would really like to see a program that would allow hunters to meet with local landowners maybe like bar bq or fish frys i would love a chance to meet landowners in a situation where they dont feel like we are asking them for something just a chance to get to know them and show them that most hunters will respect property and leave it better than we found it. I cant afford thousands of dollars in lease fees but would be willing to pay small day use cost to farmers whose field is being used by waterfowl. The reason I say that is it would ease there mind about our intentions on the land but in missouri if you pay to hunt you make the landowner liable if free acces is given you can not sue the landowner. Maybe we could pay the farmers in some type of habitat enhancement fund based on the number of days hunters are using the land. sorry got wordy on this but good luck I hope you guys suceed I might even join you but am laid off and cant afford it now.
ruthless1
hunter

Postby feathhd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 am

You are spot on and is one of the reason I worked on the Buffer Strip Assistance program. 1 million every 4.5 years is generated and kicked into this Buffer Strip assistance program to help farmers with cost share to put in buffer strips. In return for said landowners who sought assistance from the sportsmen's fund, they would allow hunter access to those acres. Fair trade. It was my attempt at generating a somewhat small walk in hunting access program that hunters could utilize to expand opportunities.

What happened next catapulted the program and it was designed by the Iowa IDNR. They turned around at took that 1 million dollars and found a federal matching grant program that netted them an extra 4 to 5 million dollars on top of the 1 million we had. This quadrupled the programs ability to reach more acres. It even eliminated the liability issues some farmers feared under state law.

With that being said I will continue to work on the program to try and expand it's application to include Temporary Migratory Habitat Incentives Program. Right now the present program is a 3 year test pilot program. If after 3 years the results are positive other methods will have to be developed to fully support the program on a much larger landscape objective.

Right now some of the present resources have been spent to open up WRP and WEP projects on private lands to sportsmen.

What that means for those who like the program or those who wish to see the program expanded a permit may have to be created with a fee on your present lic. This fee may be 15 dollars or 25 dollars hypothetically and would be specifically utilized to support and sustain the program and yet perpetuate it out on the landscape so that it provides sportsmen with greater opportunities.
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting