Waterfowl Lease

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

Waterfowl Lease

Postby DirtsDaddy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:10 pm

I'm looking for a property lease for duck and goose hunting in the Nebraska Panhandle area.
DirtsDaddy
Newb

Re: Waterfowl Lease

Postby cinnamonteal7 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 pm

ive got some ocean front propety in arizona... my advice is start knocking on doors and asking, whats the worst that happens you get no? been there before. say thank you for your time and go to their neighbor and ask.
miss him once shame on me, miss him twice on me agian, miss him three times damit! reload and watch where that SOB lands this isnt over.
cinnamonteal7
hunter

Postby kmaaske » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 pm

I dont want to sound like a d##k but im really tired of having my land that ive hunted for years taken away from me because someone with way to much money comes in and leases the land. Why dont people just make friends around the area that hunt and maybe we can do away with all of these stupid leases before none of ever get to hunt on free land again. Im from Arapahoe where I can hunt everything, and ive never had a single person ever come ask me to hunt with me, so please just make friends and quit trying to lease up all of our hometown free land weve hunted on for years. Thanks
kmaaske
Newb

Postby riverlandhunt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:38 pm

You still interested in a hunting lease in the panhandle?
Call me at 308-760-1983
riverlandhunt
hunter

Postby riverlandhunt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:24 am

I read the response that dealt in a negative way to acquiring leases. I'm surprised by the guys statements that all you have to do is start asking around for hunting permission. Maybe he is kucky and he has a spot for nothing...good for him!
I am a hunter for the length of waterfowl season. I hunt about 95% of the season.
I'm also a landowner who can use the money that a lease brings in. I use that money to make improvements for other hunters. I furnish them with a place that holds thousands of geese and ducks every day during the migration. That waterfowl is only there for one reason, we provide habitat for them.
I hope the guy who gets to hunt on private property for nothing at least helps the landowner out...if he doesn't he's like the other people out there who think the world owes them something for nothing.
MY friends hunt with me, they work about 20 days out of the year helping me out, the guys paying the lease don't mind because we do all the work so they don't have too.
I'm on a limited income, I'm disabled and I draw on social security, I raise cattle for another rancher in Texas and I can use the extra income from the hunting lease without screwing up my pension. I have taxes, equipment payments and land payments to make.
I put all my sweat, blood and tears into this place and I need some compensation for it. There isn't a lot of help out there for nothing.
The Environmental Trust is giving money away to the NRCS offices and money that was used for conservation easements is going to be a thing of the past. The Game Commission took a hit in their budget this year, so landowners won't see much help from them.
The report on the CRP ground being taken out of the program is higher than it has ever been, so you see the habitat work that was a good thing in the past, is all but dried up.
More landowners are entering into leases with hunters, because quite frankly they need the help financially to improve habitat.
So the arguement that leases affect public access can be true in a sense...but from a landowners perspective let me say this...something for nothing is ill gotten gain.
Jim :thumbsup:
riverlandhunt
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm

As a fellow hunter from NC who owns a little land..well said riverlandhunt

I don't have any ducks on my land (working on it!), but I'm loaded with deer and turkeys. When I first bought the property all my "friends" wanted to hunt it. No one helped me out with building stands, clearing lanes, or even coming by to cook something on the grill and talk trash. I even called them and ask if they wanted to spend a little time working in the woods. Everyone was busy with kids, church, and other activities. That is until the week before opening day, when they all started calling! I told them to take a hike. Some went away with the comment that I was selfish and so forth. I told them to go buy their own damn land! Most drive $40K plus trucks, shoot expensive guns, and complain about having nowhere to hunt and so forth. I drive a cheap truck and shoot a cheap rifle, but I sure have a great place to hunt! I now have one or two "new" hunting friends and we have a great time working on the place.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting