Nebraska Hunting Report

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

Nebraska Hunting Report

Postby kmaaske » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:10 pm

OK Guys. No one really likes to tell anyone where theyre hunting because they dont want a hugh crowd around there honey hole but we really need to share with eachother how the hunting is going. You can just tell around what area you are hunting, what your hunting over and how many bird you saw and shot and any problems you had. Please join me in helping others out that cant always go out and scout and so everyone can keep up with the migration. I will be hunting around the Wood River area tomorrow and i will post how things go.
kmaaske
Newb

Re: Nebraska Hunting Report

Postby bvillekid01 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Im in extreme southeast nebraska and there are a few thousand mallards here and probably just as many teal. The shooting isn't too bad but the ducks seem to get up before sunrise and don't come back till sunset we may get a little shooting in here and there but for as many ducks as we are seeing it's not what I would expect.
bvillekid01
hunter

Postby kmaaske » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Well after getting no sleep we got to a pond just off the river. We saw 3 green heads at around 8 am and we finally left at 10 am. bad hunting day around wood river. There was shooting around us at other private spots but who knows how many they saw and shot.
kmaaske
Newb

Postby husker_hunter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:05 pm

If its sunny your wasting your time at this point, cloud cover has produced a few limits of birds this year mostly mixed bag. Last Saturday we shot a 4 man limit of woodies by ten and saw no other species . Birds are just begining to show up. Although this weekend I hung the shotgun up and sat in the tree stand both days, and probably wont be back on the water till after rifle season its just not cold enough. Kearney area by the way
husker_hunter
hunter

Postby kmaaske » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Im with you. With Pheasant season and deer season here, im gonna have to stop hoping for ducks to show up for a little while and go kill some other animals. BTW the pheasants are out there if the farmers would just get their corn out of the field so i hope we dont have the same problems with getting deer this year too. Keep posting all of you that are avid duck hunters and dont have to take time off to kill other animals. lol. THANKS
Ketih
kmaaske
Newb

Postby sharris » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 am

I got five ducks and a snow goose last tuesday. Some teal were still around but I didn't shoot any. It was drizzling and cloudy, and the ducks were only around early morning. Rainwater basin area.
sharris
hunter

Postby kmaaske » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:19 pm

I dont know if this is good news or not but when i was back in arapahoe ne deer hunting i had hundreds of migrating ducks fly over us tues and wed it snowed 2 inches. Hope they stayed around but i havent made it out yet to find out.
kmaaske
Newb

Postby husker_hunter » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:36 am

hit the ducks and geese hard for three days over holiday weekend in north central NE. Four and Five man limits on ducks and geese.
With this snow hope to see another push of birds again

husker_hunter
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting