Opening day Nebraska ducks

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

Opening day Nebraska ducks

Postby Husker44 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Anyone been duck hunting in our state..I havent been out yet..just wondering if anyone's haven any luck.
Husker44
hunter

Re: Opening day Nebraska ducks

Postby duckman27 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Shot limits on Friday and Saturday. Sunday was pretty slow
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
duckman27
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 am

Saw a fair amount the 23rd, mainly teal, and saw some bigger ducks on the 26th, and not much on the 27th. Never even reached for for my gun much less shot though. Everything we saw was pretty high flying and not interested in us at all.
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 am

There was definitely a push in Eastern NE the last couple days. I can't get out of work this week but a group of my buddies got into gads, wigeons, redheads, and a few mallards yesterday. A coworker was off yesterday and hunting a little west of Ashland and they shot a 4-man limit in a couple hours as well. Seems to match up with DU's migration reports. Hope they're still around for any weekend warriors like me!
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Postby Gamecock » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm

I just got stationed here in Omaha this past tues. Working like crazy to get our house set-up so I can try to get out this 3 day weekend. Any tips on local public land? One part of military that I dislike is you make some good hunting buddies and then everyone gets sent in different directions. Now I'm here and one buddy in Arizona, another in New hampshire, and the other two still in Alaska. I will go by myself, but prefer the fellowship of a few good laughs in the blind hunting with someone else
Gamecock
hunter

Postby sharris » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Gamecock wrote:I just got stationed here in Omaha this past tues. Working like crazy to get our house set-up so I can try to get out this 3 day weekend. Any tips on local public land? One part of military that I dislike is you make some good hunting buddies and then everyone gets sent in different directions. Now I'm here and one buddy in Arizona, another in New hampshire, and the other two still in Alaska. I will go by myself, but prefer the fellowship of a few good laughs in the blind hunting with someone else

Public land can be found pretty easily: http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/p ... /atlas.asp

If you go during the weekend it can be a zoo, but if you can manage some time off during the week many places won't have anyone else there.

If you don't have a boat then you might want to try in the rainwater basin. Game and parks posts water levels but it isn't always accurate: http://www.outdoornebraska.ne.gov/wildl ... _plans.asp .
HR Annie Git Your Gun
Bird Retrieves for 2014-15 Season
Duck: 24
Dove: 4
Pheasant: 40
sharris
hunter

Postby Gamecock » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks! Hunted public land the whole time I was in AK and was able to find some small pot holes nobody everw hunted so was able to stay away from the crowds for the most part. Now I get to start all over again lol. Never shot a greater before and hoping a few give me a chance.
Gamecock
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting