From NC looking to hunt the platte

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

From NC looking to hunt the platte

Postby skeeter91 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi their guys,
I am an avid duck hunter in NC and I wanted to branch out and hunt places around the united states. If anyone could give me some info on what i need license wise, areas that are open to the public to hunt (not looking for specific spots just general locations) and other laws that I need to be aware of when I am hunting out there please PM me
Would be greatly appreciated
skeeter91
hunter

Re: From NC looking to hunt the platte

Postby YouMadBra » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Duck season is closed and goose seasons are starting to wrap up in the next week or two. I'm assuming your talking for next years hunting seasons?
TD Outfitters
Central, NE

Why cant it be Waterfowl season all year long?!!
YouMadBra
hunter

Postby oabeles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:47 pm

I was about to post this exact same question. I'm a totally different hunter from NC, also curious about hunting the North Platte and Southwestern NE. Apparently I'm not the only one who's looking for more than the 15 minutes of crazy wood duck flurries that we get down here in NC.

My buddies and I are going to be hunting antelopes nearby in Southeast Wyoming in mid October this Fall and I'm wondering if that's too early to swing over to the North Platte/Southwest NE for some duck hunting. Any advice you can give would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
oabeles
Newb

Postby Jimmy82 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 am

I haven't duck hunted in NE, my dad's not into it so I never got the chance growing up. But I do know that they have 48 hour temp licenses, that way you don't have to fork up the money for a full non-resident license. From what I understand a lot of guys out of Colorado get them for occasional pheasant hunts.
Jimmy82
hunter

Postby no ducks » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:49 am

no ducks
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting