Webster or Adams counties?

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: gotduck68415, k9horseluvr, Duck Runner

Webster or Adams counties?

Postby northzoneguy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Ok guys here's the deal. A few buddies and I are looking at coming to hunt in Nebraska around Hastings and Red Cloud. My one buddy has relation out that way. The only problem is we don't have the slightest idea where to go. We will be coming over on October 7th and staying through the 10th. We have all ghg duck decoys. We plan on bringing a larger boat with a blind also, just in case of river hunting on the platte. Any suggestions or maybe even someone to show us around would be great. By the way i'm from Indiana and I waterfowl hunt about 90% of the season. So we know are stuff. Thanks
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Postby gandergrinder » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:08 pm

Hastings is down in the rain water basins area. There well be public ground all around down there. From what I hear there is also a good amount of water too this year. Just pick up a hunting guide book to see where the land is at. If it has water good chance you will shoot ducks. Most of the places down there don't let you use gas motors and most of the platte is privite and not real deep maybe 1-3 feet unless you find a hole.
gandergrinder
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting