Not a bad day...

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: gotduck68415, k9horseluvr, Duck Runner

Not a bad day...

Postby Kiskadinna » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:49 pm

Had a good hunt this past weekend - 10 birds for the group - spoonies and gadwall. Wish I could get out more, how are the rest of you fairing?
The mild weather doesn't seem to help things but Ive heard of others having decent success lately.
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby Ducxprt » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:00 pm

Nice bag! I love to shoot them Gadwalls. So far we are doing good for the season, but the last 2 weeks have been pretty slow, not much action. Headed out to Calimus on Friday for a day hunt, and then back to local marshes the rest of the weekend. Hope to see some nasty weather up north real soon.
TALK EM INTO GIVING UP
Ducxprt
hunter

Postby ohsay » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:40 am

Nice picture. Love to see a lady on the hunt. Looks like someone got a little overzealous ringing that one duck's neck though, lol. I'm doing well so far this year. Ducks hanging around the area are starting to get pretty wise though, and it seems like a lot of migrating flocks are just passing right by us. We could use some moisture out in the fields.
say what?
ohsay
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:02 am

ohsay wrote: Looks like someone got a little overzealous ringing that one duck's neck though, lol.

Yeah - the guides son was a long and he insisted on ringing its neck. My first gadwall, and I know exactly whats gonna happen as soon as he starts spinning it. Oh well - eats the same. My buddy got the honor of holding it though - I got the loaded strap!
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby gotduck68415 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:52 pm

:goodjob: Nice pics. I havent been out hunting ducks much. Ive been seeing alot of snow geese this last week while I was deer hunting. Hoping to get out on Turkey day, hope the snow we have on the ground helps the hunting a little.
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting