Walk-ins by Niobrara?

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: gotduck68415, k9horseluvr, Duck Runner

Walk-ins by Niobrara?

Postby twowetdogz » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:35 am

I accidentally posted this on the wrong forum. So, here goes again.

Anybody got any information they'd be willing to share (or give direction on) on places up by Niobrara that are good walk-in places to hunt ducks or geese?

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks
twowetdogz
hunter

Postby EKUhunter » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Me and my dad went up there and hunted last Thanksgiving and we hunted the Missouri River. We put in at a place called Santee. It was a good drive but we wore the ducks out.
Get'cha some
EKUhunter
hunter

santee

Postby iowaducks55 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:55 pm

been goin to santee the last 3 years and have slaughtered every year about 5 hour drive for me but it's worth the shooting. I dont know where you would walk in at but you can shure shoot the crap outta them in the boat we sleep on the water for 3 days. don't know if it's legal but we do. just bought a mud buddy hyperdrive so should be unreal this year getting in some holes we couldnt get to last year. Gonna go there for the opener weekend 18th coming up pretty pumped anyone ever have luck there? any info would be great.

2008 Totals

Mallards-0
Teal-0
woodies-0
geese-1
iowaducks55
hunter

Postby brentbullets » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:52 pm

I wouldn't be bragging about shooting them up and sleeping out on the water for 3 days. I have VERY GOOD INFO that the feds nad the state are going to be working the area VERY AGGRESSIVILY this season and are looking real hard at a couple of hunters from IOWA. My son lives in IOWA and his truck will not be at the ramp this year even though I won't have anything to worry about.
brentbullets
hunter

Postby iowaducks55 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 pm

Easy man you can pull your boat to shore to sleep that is a fact and if it is that big of a deal we can trailer it and sleep on the trailer. doubt there "watching us" considering we only go once a year cause of the drive.
iowaducks55
hunter

Postby nehusk12 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Tell them to go to the Hilltop Inn in niobrara and start writting tickets to all the Iowa boys who hunt three days or more and breast there ducks out and dont have proof of species and sex, probably like the guy above who just slaughters them. They need to start checking coolers at the hotels instead of possession at the ramp, it's after the hunt that all the Iowa boys go breaking the law up there.
nehusk12
hunter

Postby iowaducks55 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:54 pm

we haven't ever shot over the limit once just enjoy hunting. Sorry if you dont have as much luck or whatever we've never stayed at the hilltop in so keep pointin' fingers see ya on the opener
iowaducks55
hunter

Postby nek9handler » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:10 am

Question for u guys that hunt up their.

First year of coming up their planning a couple different trips.

Goose hunting good?

Should I bring full bodies or just floaters?

Is it more sandbars of marsh?

We wont be up their for the opener but soon after that is forsure

Rooster
nek9handler
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:48 am

This isn't the place to bash other hunters. There was a question posed about the hunting so answer that question. If you want to discuss hunter ethics then start another thread for that.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby nehusk12 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:30 pm

I dont think pointing out those who hunt in a unethical manner is bashing other hunters. Plus I hunt duck's, I dont slaughter them. I personally think that talking about slaughtering a resource isn't right just my opinion. Goose hunting isn't that good up there. They are very patterned and fly from roost( open water out on lake) to feed and straight back. Set up to hunt the Marsh and you will pick up your geese here and there. So to answer your questions, FLOATERS. If you go west sunshine bottoms or Niobrara/ Verdel there are bars to set up in a manner to hunt geese, thats about 20 miles from santee.
nehusk12
hunter

Postby iowaducks55 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:13 am

pretty sure i'm not the only person on the site that has used the term "slaughtered" but i also hunt, slaughtering is just a term i use for good days of hunting. Sorry for using the term. just keepin cruisin all the forums so u can point fingers at people when u pry do the same crap u are talking about
iowaducks55
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am

Let me know how the hunting goes. I have family close to there and have wondered about the hunting.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby iowaducks55 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 am

will do that for shure K9 gonna be "hunting" there in 10 days CANT WAIT to see um fallin' outta the sky!!! it's more fun watching my lil' brother say he shoots every duck:> lol :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting
iowaducks55
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting