Where to go...

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

Where to go...

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:55 pm

My brother is following his fiance down to Nebraska... he was curious if there is any decent trout fishing streams in the state, and where he should look into hunting in fall 2006. Lastly, any gun/hunt clubs down in Husker country to recommend? He is moving to Lincoln so the little lady can get a masters degree in wetland/conservation biology. (way to go!!) Post up or PM. Thanks!
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:27 pm

you can catch fairly decent sized trout in lake ogalalla and the paxton canal, if your gonna be out west, i fish the paxton canal almost weekly
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:24 pm

I live near Odell which is about 45-50 min south of Lincoln. I do not fish, my job is to messesd up in the summer to fish. Send me a pm if he would like to with me some time.
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:33 pm

gotduck, check your PM
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed May 31, 2006 9:49 pm

My brother is officially moving to lincoln on saturday. Though he'll need time to settle in, his fiance is going to be gone every now and again due to work on her masters program (conservation biology).
He is an avid flyfisherman, and wants to hunt pheasant and maybe more this fall. He will need to complete a firearms safety course, but he is comitted to completing it.
If you are interested in showing a Nebraska Newbie some of the area or have Ideas of things to do, I can pass along his email via PM. I know he is interested in the Cornhuskers Fly-Fishing Club, aside from that he needs to get busy outside of work and home-life. Besides his fiance he will know no one. I appreciate any suggestions and help.
-TBC
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:48 pm

Well, I am officially the guy this post refers to and I would like to introduce myself. I have been down here for a bit now and will finally get my firearms safety certification this coming Saturday. I currently live in Lincoln and hope to get to know some hunters in the area.
I've already noticed the difference in amount of available puclic lands here as opposed to my homestate of MN, so any leads on locations to hunt roosters or ducks would be appreciated.
-Erik :help:
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby gotduck68415 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Welcome Erik. :welcome: I dont know the public scene by Lincoln but here were I live we have a couple of public spots that are ok if you know the lakes. If you would like more info shoot me a pm and we can talk. Im about 45-50 south of Lincoln. :salude: :salude: :salude:
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting