Duck Hunting Forum banner

low plains late opener

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE 
#1 ·
well i went out this morning and had a real slow day only two mallards

but gonna go try deep well tomorrow and see what it brings

#2 ·
Good luck tomorrow! I was checking the weather back there and it looks like it is still pretty warm. How's the migration?
K9

#4 ·
I think that we are seeing a few new birds moving in. But Its hard to get the birds to decoy we its 70degrees. But I will get back out there in the morning and try it again. Aint nothing keeping me down!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Good Luck to all try and get some pics up soon. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Well how'd you do?

Okay early started off with a couple teal, a nice drake mallard then just as fast as it started it became a dead calm out on our pond. No wind and no ducks. Saw some specks flyin' high and south. We hung around a bit longer and managed a drake redhead. My son had also downed a redhead, but as he went to retrieve him , the little devil found new life and took a dive. We waited for him to grab some fresh air, but we never saw him come up. I figured he either made it to shore and was hiding or he got caught up in some underwater veggies and drowned. My son was very dissappointed because that was his first downed redhead drake. We spent about 45minutes looking for him but no luck. Before we decided to pack it up we had nice bunch of pintails grace us with their presence. They cirlced , then circled and circled some more. We had 'em locked up a few times but they would just bail out before shooting range. We watched settle on a spot about 200 yds to our east. We took in the show with the binocs and watched them fiddle around in their part of the marsh. There was some very nice drakes in the flock. Eventually, the got up and left to who knows where? We finally packed it up. It was nice and warm for long hike back to the truck. Not fun. We were home in time for lunch and started watching some of the early NFL games. We decided we'd give my son a little youth pheasant hunting action, but after a barrage of bugs and the temps pushing 80 we decided this was not fun and went home downed some ice cream....ahh much better. :smile:

#7 ·
well it was fast for about 15 minutes

couldve got a pair of mallards that landed but waited for a loner pintail whom i missed shot at teal but it was still fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.