Greenhead hunting club info

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Re: Greenhead hunting club info

Postby thesilencer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am

Ok some good points. I enjoyed reading most of your responses on this controversial post. And yes I do hunt out of state but it has never been on public property. Flooded timber in Arkansas last year at Ashly Ranch. Highly recomend it check out the website.
I will say that as a whole my fellow waterfowlers from whatever state seem to be a better scope of people and there are worse folks that come here. And thank you for your contribution in this bad economy. Let me please just shine light on this from another direction. I also love to fish. Anybody with a computer can get on NDOW website and pull up a fish stocking report to find out when and where they have planted. Am I really the only one who thinks it shouldn't be that easy. Guess what I use the site. I obviously found this site. I am just saying that I miss having to work for it. Do I still take my kids out and line up with other guys who read the report to catch a few fish? Yes I do. I also remember picking one of my favorite fishing spots and hoping maybe it had been planted, to find when I got there they had and hardley anybody was there. Was my skunk ratio higher? Sure. But It really made banner days all the more banner. I just don't think technology is so great for the outdoor enthusiest. And yes I am old. And yes I miss the hunting and fishing that I was so fortunate to experience in the late sixties and seventies. I can't see how I'm wrong for longing for the good ol days. Thanks again
thesilencer
Newb

Postby thesilencer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Oh sorry one I didn't address. I forgot to let sagebrush know that I came in here for intelligent chat. You have a chance to tell me your thoughts and thats what you come out with. I didn't post that looking for a fight. I posted it to hear other peoples thoughts.
Thanks anyway tough guy.
thesilencer
Newb

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Silencer your welcome to come to calif. we can use your contribution to our economy and it will give you a chance to voice your opinions here you might just find out that we are pretty good people and aren't out to ruin Nevada. I see quite a few out of state plates where I hunt and it has never occurred to me that they were ruining my hunting. They have to work for it just like me maybe even harder beings they are from out of state.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby thesilencer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks Black Cloud. Maybe one day. How was your opener this weekend? Any Northern Birds down yet?
thesilencer
Newb

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:33 pm

I cant speak for everyone but 3 guys Sat. afternoon 15 ducks Sun. I wasn't able to go but my partners and a guest got there limits all from public land we have to work for them just like anyone else. I wont say exactly where and I would blind fold you if I took you :lol: Seriously come to calif. you would enjoy it we don't always :hammer: them but the friends you make will last a lifetime :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby thesilencer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:47 pm

10 4 brother. We did well this weekend here in Northern Nv. Mostly cinees. Two Greenheads and a Sprig. I enjoyed the heck out of em last night with a good Cabernet. It don't get much better. :grooving: There callin for more storms this week so hopefully that will start em headin our way. By the way I did not mean all Californians were bad in my first post.( Here this will start some more discussion) Just Barbara Boxer and her friends like Pilozzi. :smile: Oh yah here comes some more hate mail. LOL Anyway hopefully more people agree with me on that one. Sorry I like my guns and the people tryin to take em from us really boil me. They seem to really love to use your state for a test ground too. No matter how much it goes against the second ammendment.
The whole point of my original remarks was just this. California's season starts a week later than ours. Of course anybody with a passion for killin ducks would like to start a week earlier. I just don't like that the club gets hammered so hard on that day. Therefore advertising so heavily just adds more pressure to the already over crowded situation. And this is when we tend to see the worst behavior in hunters out there. If our seasons opened concurrently it would not be anything like we see. Me saying opener
should be resident only is not a hit on Californians but a thought on what if that perticular habitat wasn't nailed so hard on opener
by everyone. Another solution would be if we pushed our opener up a week. Not as many guys would be jonesin to get out. Anyway it's all just thoughts I have and appreciate feedback good or bad. Thanks for your thoughts Blackcloud.
thesilencer
Newb

Postby honkbuster3 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:03 am

Can anybody tell me directions to still water?? I hunt greenhead all the time but would love info about stillwater if its only another 20 minutes. ive always been curious. A private message would probaby be the best. Thanks for any info!
honkbuster3
Newb

Postby Matthew Montalvo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 am

to all waterfowlers is anyone ready for the season???
Matthew Montalvo
Newb

Postby Matthew Montalvo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:40 am

just a couple more weeks man..
Matthew Montalvo
Newb

Postby Steve Michigan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 am

I come from Michagan every year to hunt greenhead and stillwater Its very rare that are group dosnt get a limet of ducks. greenhead is a hard place to hunt but worth it
Steve Michigan
Newb

Re: Greenhead hunting club info day price

Postby GaryBHunting » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 am

just a update on day use price, its $25. Last time I went it was $15. Still $60 for the season.
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Postby chukar100 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:56 am

Daily fees are still $15 dollars...Day passes are not available until the second monday of the season as usual..Season pass is $60 and a student pass is $25..student is 16-18 years old still in school.
chukar100
hunter

Postby GaryBHunting » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 am

Oh my mistake, it only has a box for $60 and one for $25 with no description so I assumed it was for a day pass. Thank you for the correction. I purchased mine from Ken last week.
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:45 am

Wow really bad news everybody. Serious case of Avion Botulism at the Six Man club between Still Water and the Greenhead.
Ktvn channel 2 news has the story on thier website. Be careful handling and eating these birds. They are reporting over 2000 ducks dead since August. Click on thier news tab and scroll down you'll find the story.
Parker3025
hunter

Postby MaxRabbit » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:30 am

Yes they are reporting this. But it should also be noted that they are saying because of the large amount of fresh water at still water and greenhead that an outbreak may be prevented and that so far it is only limited to Six Man.
MaxRabbit
hunter

Postby MaxRabbit » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:32 am

Yes they are reporting this. But it should also be noted that they are saying because of the large amount of fresh water at still water and greenhead that an outbreak may be prevented and that so far it is only limited to Six Man.
MaxRabbit
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:15 am

Still a good idea to cook them ducks to an internal temperature of 180 degrees or better. I saw what they said about the fresh water but it seems to me that a bird that's infected can still fly a couple miles. Or do they die instantly like when I shoot em in the face?
Parker3025
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:22 am

Jut trying to spread awareness not panic. If you shoot a Duck this weekend that looks or acts sick just don't feed it to your family.
Parker3025
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 pm

You should also note that the article posted in the forum by Albifrons states that Avian Botulism is not transferrable to humans.
Morning Flight
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:11 pm

That's not what this other article says. I'll be right back with the link.
Parker3025
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Heres the link I read that clearly says you can get it by eating them. Symptoms in humans are blurred vision, dry mouth and some other stuff that is a usual Sunday morning for me. But what aint cool is it says to get treated right away or you can die from respitory failure. Heres the link. http://www.pserie.psu.edu/seagrant/publ ... 2-2003.pdf
Parker3025
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:32 pm

http://www.rgj.com/article/20111007/NEW ... NTPAGE%7Cs

Here's the other article. Says poses not threat to humans.
Morning Flight
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Just read the article you posted. It appears that it deals with all forms of botulism, some of which are harmful to humans. Better safe than sorry all around though.
Morning Flight
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:43 pm

10 4 brother. Thats the reason I posted it. Just don't want anybody getting sick. It seems as long as you cook it to 180 degrees your safe. I'm not trying to scare people. I just want everyone to have a safe and happy opener with no other symptoms beyond the usual opening day hangover. :lol3: So go pound em brethren. :hammer: Just use a meat thermometer if you own one.
Parker3025
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:44 pm

SYMPTOMS OF BOTULISM IN HUMANS
Symptoms of human botulism include blurred vision, dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing or speaking, general weakness, and shortness of breath. If you are affected by these symptoms after consuming fish or waterfowl from known areas of avian botulism, seek medical attention immediately. The illness may progress to complete paralysis, respiratory failure, and possibly death.
Parker3025
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting