Greenhead hunting club info

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Re: Greenhead hunting club info

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 pm

My other fear here morning flight is that when they say it's not transferable to humans is they are talking about being around em at Virginia lake or bird watching out at the club. Are they acknowledging that people will be eating these birds as of October 15?
Parker3025
hunter

Postby creationchris » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm

****A concern for homeowners may be whether humans can acquire this disease. Avian Botulism is caused by C or E type toxin while people are susceptible to type A or B toxin. People, dogs & cats are generally resistant to type C toxin, but there have been a few incidences reported. Thorough cooking destroys botulism toxin in food.****
creationchris
hunter

Postby Parker3025 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks Chris. Good luck Saturday. See ya there.
Parker3025
hunter

Postby spoonielips » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Might as well jump both feet in on my first post here. I live in Graeagle ca, and about 60% of the plates here are from nv. I go up to cut wood behind my house, and there is 3 ford trucks with trailers.. nv plates. I start to think about being pissed, but geez. They're just doing the same as me, heating the home CHEAP. We as devoted ducks hunters, are a dying breed. No joke. i used to lose my temper at the sky scrapers at lule, and lower klamath, and have ruined many days doing so. Honey lake is even worse! We all should try to help eachother out, maybe not giving directions to our blinds, but conducting ourselves as if we are a family, not a lic plate. I've never hunted greenhead, but plan to. It's been 13 years since i got my tunnel hull on a real marsh, and look forward to it. I drive a blue jeep with fun run 605 as my ca lic. So... if you see me, stop and give me shout. joe.
spoonielips
hunter

Postby Lamont the man » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:32 am

I have been told that there is very little water at greehead at this time. Is this true?
Lamont the man
Newb

Postby creationchris » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Lamont the man wrote:I have been told that there is very little water at greehead at this time. Is this true?

Yes, just like the rest of NV!
creationchris
hunter

Previous

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting