Fallon Fri- Mon

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Fallon Fri- Mon

Postby Sagebrush » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:21 pm

Fallon Fri Sat Sun Mon
27/60 27/56 33/55 28/55
amfog cloudy same same cloudy poss. rain ?

Looks pretty good ? Later....Sage
Sagebrush
hunter

Stillwater

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:56 pm

Arrived at the "Tule" rest area at 5:45am, got out to check out the bird noise. Lots of swans, nothing else. Lots of rigs going up the far west road to Millen landing area! ( That you Dropdux?)
Headed up the east side of willow lake. The alkali road got so slick, I had to back up three times to make a left turn to make a U'ie, in 4 wheel drive!! Settled into a spot with water on both sides of me. Threw out the dec's and got ready. The fog started in, & got thicker & thicker.
At 7am ducks were all over, but where ? Finally stood up with my gun at the ready. Teal, bang,bang. Mallard, bang, bang! Just split seconds to mount aim & shoot. Missed 16 shots!! Finally ended up with 2 mallard & 3 teal. At 8:30 the fog lifted and it was all over.......D&G were all in the "stratosphier" as I call it; way up there!
Most of the shooting was me & guys over in south Swan check? Hard to tell in the fog. All in all I guess the 90 mile drive & the hour and 45 min. to get to stillwater was worth it.......Still no goose to take home.(bummer)
Hope Dropdux did as well or better.....Sage
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting