Any "crazy's" go out in Saturday's rain ?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Any "crazy's" go out in Saturday's rain ?

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:46 am

I figured this would be a good day to sit one out! (3 1/2" of rain + )

Sunday might be a better day, rain should stop, per the news ch 8.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby DuckComander » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:46 pm

i dont know if you can get out there all the way because of 395 to carson has a mud slide. Maybe this week
DuckComander
hunter

Postby GunDog » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:30 pm

Thought about going this morning, but I went back to sleep since I've been sick...good thing I decided against it considering all the stuff I saw on the news when I woke up at 10 (fun to sleep in sometimes).

I may try to go out Sunday, but I think I'll park at the boat ramp and hike in with minimal decoys if any.

FYI, I went to Stillwater yesterday (Friday)...no luck, but I'd estimate I saw about 1000 birds (geese, ducks and swans) taking off from the middle of willow lake. Nothing seemed to like either my calls or spread...but it sure was fun to see/hear so many birds. The morning flight lasted about 20 minutes with birds everywhere...just too high for me to try shooting at -okay, I did shoot once at one bird that seemed a little closer :withstupid: (just close enough to identify as drake mallards), but thinking it was likely about 60 yards up and going 50 mph.
GunDog
hunter

Alka-Seltzer

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:07 pm

Hay I have a cold also.....Been dropping Alkaseltzer Plus Cold & Thera Flu like candy drops. It has kept be well enough to hunt. However I do flair off a few birds now & then when I give them the ol "HACH" call.....

Might go out Wens. if there is no rain, otherwise will wait til Sat & Sun.

Hop'n for a few more HONKERS . :thumbsup:

Sage
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting