Everyone call it quits ?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Everyone call it quits ?

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:16 pm

No one is talking. Did we all hang it up ? Whats up ? HUH ?
Sagebrush
hunter

Too busy for me

Postby GunDog » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:15 pm

I went out both Sat and Sunday to Washoe last weekend...no birds coming my way except Geese that were already being shot at. Saturday got there 6am and went from 395 side, but there were already 4 cars parked...Sunday went to boat ramp w/ 1 car parked and passed 3 seperate groups on my way in to the north lake side west of the trees. Even saw two cars at north scripss off 395.

So much shooting the birds wouldn't come anywhere near me or my goose decoys...really nice weather both days so that was good I guess. Also my dog caught a mouse and brought it to me so I guess the trip wasn't a total loss.

No more duck hunting for me this year, might go to pyramid this weekend for some shore fishing though...can't wait until spring when the Nor Cal streams open up.
GunDog
hunter

Fishn

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:55 pm

I was thinking of going to Topaz with my boat soon. Since the flood Pyramid has been a little slow, but it is still good from shore from the nets (sutcliff) north. Hooked "bubba" last Sat. 10 feet from me but never got a glimps of how big. Lasted 30 seconds before it spit my lure out.

I fish Cal & Nev. We got to get together some day. Might even have you over for diner so you can show me how to post these darn pictures?

By the way, congrats on the moderator thing.....

Later Ed
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:30 am

I still have 2 weeks of good hunting down here. I don't know if I'll make it out though
DROPDUX
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting