Big Bows and Macs.. W/Pics

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Big Bows and Macs.. W/Pics

Postby Yard Goose » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:02 pm

What a weekend.. Between the Boom and the Fishn what a wicked time.. Found the lost pics of fish and gained a few more.. I will take it from the top.. Tahoe had a tourney, nothing big, but it payed alright if you placed.. Tom Brooks Memorial was the name and we placed third!! Beat out of first and second at the last minute by 7oz. Still took home more than entry fee and gas cost.. Biggest was I beleive just under eight.. Our total weight of four Macs was 21 and change.. It was fun, to say the least.. So today I pull into Cave Rock, to a mirror of water.. What to do??? Yesterday we worked for Macs hard.. I have cought Macs all over the lake shallow and deep but there are a couple places that I haven't tried.. So the wife and I get in the water just before six.. She reminds me that yesterday when we were heading to the blue holes on south shore, that in Marla Bay we came across a school of something sixty feet down, and over deep water, 200+.. I say ok and continue to go with what I wanted which was head across to west shore.. Two miles out of the launch I look over at my wife and if looks could kill I wouldn't be posting today... So I look back foward and start bringing it to Port side, till we were pointed to Marla Bay... Then I get rewarded with a Kiss on the cheek and " Promise you this is a good Idea" She say's!! Now I'm thinkn, she has cought her share of trophy fish but what she wants to do just ain't gonna work... We arrive in the middle of Marla Bay. 380 feet to be exact.. I'm not even gonna try to pick a lure. I look at my wife and ask her to choose what she wishes for us to drag around, and she chooses a nine inch AC Original in rainbow pattern, and a F18 with alot of finger nail polish for dress up in Black and silver.. So I get us going with 400 to 800 foot set backs with speed ranging from 3.0 to 3.7 on gps.. I put the F18 deep at one hundred and the AC at forty.. Off we go all the way up to eighty, back out to three hundred.. Zig-Zag all over that bay.. First hour nothing, then the meteor and sonic boom happened. Scared the living daylights out of my Daughter... Seconds after, I'm in 255 feet of water almost in the middle of the bay and at sixty feet there's that school of something, but they have a couple of followers underneath.. So I scramble the plugs to the correct depths for attack.. Wham!!! It was like a scene from Wicked Tuna! The ouside rod lights up hard and fast.. By the time the wife had rod in hand, and whatever had that nine inch original, she was fighting a losing battle.. I shut everything down, pull all the lines and she still hasn't gained a foot.. I set here up at 770 feet behind the weight, and she wasn't moving at 900 feet.. First thought, submerged log or something.. Wrong!! The line starts coming at that boat at a steady pace.. She has two hundred feet to go and the line is straight down.. Then it comes to life and put my wife to the test for forty minutes or more.
First line of sight...OMG!!!!!! Then I hear "Told you this was a good idea". I look at her and just smile.. She landed this Massive Mac, and let me tell you,what a beast.. Gorged on Kokes as they ended up in the net.. Five of them, with one of them almost good enough for human consumption.. Just over thirty-nine inches in length and almost twenty inches around.. This beast had half of the AC hanging out.. Wasn't even sure if he was gonna make it so my wife played fish vet in the live well for an hour or so before she was happy.. Lost one more good one under the school of kokes that I so happened to find.. Came undone twenty minutes into it.. Here are Pics and video of release.. Some other pics that I promised I would post when I found them.. These new phones are too much for a wrench like me...

Those who know me, know this net is almost four feet in width and is F#$^%*& Heavy!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/6FXehiLPndk

After that... these are good but no where near to that Beast

Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Re: Big Bows and Macs.. W/Pics

Postby huntfishnv » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 pm

nice lookin fish.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Re: Big Bows and Macs.. W/Pics

Postby GETTER DONE » Mon May 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Thats how it is done,great job.Those macks are the best eating fish. :thumbsup:
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
DRAKE WATERFOWL FIELD STAFF
PRECISION CALLS PRO STAFF MANAGER
TANGLEFREE PRO STAFF
GETTER DONE
hunter