NDOW recommends increased tag quotas

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

NDOW recommends increased tag quotas

Postby GaryBHunting » Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 am

This is part of the article and a link to the rest. http://ndow.org/about/news/pr/2012/May/Quotas.shtm

"The Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW) will make recommendations for some healthy increases in tag quotas for many big game species at the upcoming Nevada Board of Wildlife Commission Meeting May 11 and 12 in Reno."

"The Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners will make the final decision on big game quotas based on input from NDOW, sportsmen and the public during their May meeting to be held at 1100 Valley Road in Reno May 11 and 12."

The anti-hunters will be there according to a past article (anti-bear hunt) and it would probably be a good idea if some locals showed up to voice their opinions to conteract the people who want to ban hunting. The meetings will start Friday at 9 AM and Saturday at 8:30am. It looks like from the agenda that the Bear issue will be discussed on Friday and the Big game quotas on Saturday. Here's the link to the agenda. http://ndow.org/learn/com/mtg/ Click on the "Agenda" link for the document.

Thanks
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Re: NDOW recommends increased tag quotas

Postby creationchris » Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm

NDOW recommended this a few years ago as well, only to have the (biologists) recommendations disregarded by the commission.

http://ndow.org/about/news/pr/2011/may/ ... tting.shtm
creationchris
hunter

Postby GaryBHunting » Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 pm

creationchris wrote:NDOW recommended this a few years ago as well, only to have the (biologists) recommendations disregarded by the commission.

http://ndow.org/about/news/pr/2011/may/ ... tting.shtm

I remember that. I'm more worried about the anti-hunters having their say without opposition but it couldn't hurt the tag quotas if we had a some people there to express their views.
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Postby towgunner » Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 am

The Clark CAB voted to support the biologist suggestion for quota increase tues night :grooving: ....come on elk tag!!!
towgunner
hunter

Postby GaryBHunting » Thu May 10, 2012 10:41 am

towgunner wrote:The Clark CAB voted to support the biologist suggestion for quota increase tues night :grooving: ....come on elk tag!!!

Nice! Sounds like you had some local participation.
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Postby creationchris » Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Just too busy to get to the meeting/meetings......any one else go? If so...how did it go?
creationchris
hunter

Postby towgunner » Tue May 15, 2012 9:59 pm

:sniper: Quotas are out on the NDOW site....BIG NUMBERS!!!! My buddys 5 choices for muleys totals 4000+ tags, my choices for Elk are 1000+ Come on 25th!!!
towgunner
hunter

Postby GaryBHunting » Wed May 16, 2012 7:14 pm

towgunner wrote::sniper: Quotas are out on the NDOW site....BIG NUMBERS!!!! My buddys 5 choices for muleys totals 4000+ tags, my choices for Elk are 1000+ Come on 25th!!!

NICE!!!!!!!

Just FYI Some units have changed so double check the unit you are hunting. Game wardens will be for sure.
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Postby overton buster » Thu May 17, 2012 5:52 am

And a one shell limit..........lol :hi:
overton buster
hunter

Postby towgunner » Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 am

:lol: No problem, thats all I need...