Far From Good, but Good From Far W/Pics

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Far From Good, but Good From Far W/Pics

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Where to start.. Tahoe was work and a windy mess off and on both Saturday and Sunday.. Marked Good Macs in Marla Bay but nothing too big.. Its over.. Time to catch Something Big while hookn little silver bullets in the heat of the day.. Thats what is up for this weekend.. Couple Off the Original and couple off the Naked Lubed Jumbo Summer Tahoe Redside Minnows.. Thats a good warm weather Tatic at higher speeds, But they Got be Huge.. At least four inches.. So Saturday we fish from the rock south for while for the reason of good rollers.. They soon subside and then the wind swithches in the afternon out of the northwest pretty good.. Good enough for a red flag warning.. So out we go. I geuss on friday some poor guy lost power and in to the rocks he went.. Only one who had a life vest was the infinte.. Stupid F*%$.. Even launched in a red flag warning as well.. I have done the same but have duel motors and also I'm a Mechanic.. So if I have any motor issues I shouldn't be in my trade!!!! But I think that was a stupid choice in this deal.. So my wife got Video of the Vessel asset and I geuss you would call it a retreval Boat with crane and wenchs. That I think was the High Light of the day was this.. The vessel assist guy throws the rope right into the retreval boats prop.. Now two boats down in waves and wind out of the wrong direction.

http://youtu.be/A0_uql1Ku54

Told you that was good.. Glad everybody made it to safety with Caverocks Ranger helpn them out.. Some Fish Pics.. All Macs went from two to eight pounds.. Saturday was better then the East Hurricane wind Blown Sunday.. All in all we caught fish both days and we made it back to shore alive....

Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Re: Far From Good, but Good From Far W/Pics

Postby creationchris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:58 pm

good vid---I know the capt on the vessel assist boat, but why was the other salvage boat trying to pull that boat off by BACKING into the swell???? What an Fing idiot. All he had to do was hook up to the bow ( the lightest part) of the broken boat and go full steam ahead.....they didnt stand a chance trying to back that boat off the rocks going in reverse.
creationchris
hunter

Re: Far From Good, but Good From Far W/Pics

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Nice video I was out at Lahontan a few years back when a yellow Sangre done some night boating and boated right up the volcano rocks on the southeast side after fishermans point worth the pic if I can find it there it is. Anyhow I went out this Past Saturday on a small pond wind was blowing very bad before it started blowing I got 4 bass no size then nothing cause of wind I waited til the evening and it died down enough to get out and by accident I pulled in a 2.5 trout. I then started fishing for trout and ended up catching 5 anywhere from 2.5 to 5.5 lbs it was pretty cool.
Attachments
6530_1020345646263_3280667_n.jpg
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting