Official Fallon Wood Duck Dinner Thread

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Official Fallon Wood Duck Dinner Thread

Postby Albifrons » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey all-
Well, we made some changes to the original plan. Just going to be a dinner, presentation, raffle, and auctions. September 8th at the Dry Gulch Salloon at the Churchill County Fairgrounds in Fallon. Contact Chris Nicolai 7758301632 (Reno), Justin Duke 4026394535 (Fallon), or Dave Rice 7758538331 to order tickets with credit card. Tickets will be $25. Still looking for donations, specifically kegs, wine, raffle items, and cash donations to add guns to the list. I will keep updating this page as we acquire more donations. Anyways, here is the poster. Hope you guys come!
Albifrons
hunter

Re: Official Fallon Wood Duck Dinner Thread

Postby Albifrons » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:56 pm

We have a new T-shirt design. Will order a bunch of normal t-shirts in white and blue. But, if you get orders to me by Friday, August 10, we can custom order long-sleeve and hoodies. T's will be $20 and hoodies $50. To ship, add $7.50 to the first shirt and $2.50 for each additional. Shoot me an email to order: chris.a.nicolai@gmail.com This logo will be on the back. Still working on a breast logo.
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:08 pm

I stopped by Frontier Liquor today in Fallon and Kevin was up for selling tickets. So, tickets are also available at Frontier!!
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Almost got my first decoy for the dinner ready for paint! Hollow cedar and sugarpine head. This will be on the auction table.
Albifrons
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:11 am

Albifrons wrote:Almost got my first decoy for the dinner ready for paint! Hollow cedar and sugarpine head. This will be on the auction table.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 pm

We can do remote bids on any of the items, including decoys I'll post up more of my decoys and also some others which have been donated! Some pretty impressive pieces too! Dave Stimac even donated some of his non-photo artistry, and it is totally impressive!

Thanks Dave! These are life size to hang on the wall. And they have attitude!
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:04 pm

THANKS to everyone for stepping up and sending in donations!! I am more than impressed by those of you making donations, and also to those of you interested in the bids. Keep in mind, each penny from this dinner to get more kids, students, and families out banding ducks and seeing what wildlife management is all about, while at the same time, some guys will earn graduate degrees. THANKS!

Keep in mind, we can deal with auctions remotely. So if there is something you want, shoot me an email and we'll get you set up for remote access chris.a.nicolai@gmail.com !

Here is a willet decoy donated by Del Herbert. The decoy is phenominal, but even better, is that it is the same decoy he used as a 10 page tutorial in Wildfowl Carving Magazine!

This was donated by Eiderking

And all four of these boxes were donated by James Warren! Man, I needed these 2 months ago!
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:04 pm

And here is a nice oldsquaw from Mike Nesbit in Quincy, CA.
Albifrons
hunter

Postby DuckManWest » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 am

Great looking stuff!! :thumbsup:
We are going to try and make it if not out on fires.
Keep up the GREAT work!! Your dedication is much appreciated.
DuckManWest
DuckManWest
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:58 pm

This gun was recently donated to the fundraiser!
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:23 pm

For all you Facebook savvy people, we do have a Facebook page set up. "Fallon, NV Wood Duck Project" Check it out to keep informed of what is going on with the project.
Albifrons
hunter

Postby dieselduck » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:53 pm

So all of this stuff is up for auction? Or we buy raffle tickets?
dieselduck
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:50 pm

There will be a general raffle, live auctions, and silent auctions. Pretty normal stuff. Don't know how we'll set things up until the week of the event as it always seems most of the donations come the last week.
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:41 pm

Just about done with the wigeon decoy I'm donating. Some final touches and a keel, and he's done. Now, time to finish up the other decoy I'm donating. Contact me if interested in bidding on ANY of the items. Each penny goes right into our project!

Albifrons
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting