new guy

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

new guy

Postby cm5838 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:57 pm

I am fairly new to Nevada, and duck hunting. I previously lived in northern California, and my brother in law was just getting me into duck hunting when we moved. I have never actually been out hunting myself for duck, went with him a few times to get the feel of it. So here I am in a state I do not know where to go, knowing nobody else that hunts duck. I bought a basic moss 500 to start with, figured if I really enjoy it I will pick up a Beretta a400. Have gotten pretty good with the clays, now is time to actually get wet and try it for real. Come season I will be living most likely in Fernley or Reno/sparks. currently in Winnemucca. Any suggestions on places for newbies?
cm5838
Newb

Re: new guy

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Good news for you is you have about 6 weeks to scout. If you are in Winnemucca Humbolt and rye patch might be good to check out. Closer to Reno Stillwater, Greenhead and Mason are probably top choices. It's all in the scouting and willing to spend time. Please always remember good hunting practices will go along way with guys in this area. Good luck and hope this helps
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting