Opening Day

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Opening Day

Postby NVDuckHunter76 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:52 am

The opener is just around the corner. I can't help but getting all my crap together. Duck boat is ready, decoys are dusted off and all other miscellaneous stuff is put where it needs to be. Trying to decide where I'll will be for the opener.

Washoe....Greenhead....or Stillwater. Not sure yet....Anyone else?
HUNTING THE WEST AND BEYOND!!!
NVDuckHunter76
hunter

Re: Opening Day

Postby DuckManWest » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Washoe....definitely not. I live there. I will hunt it when it cools off. Way too small this year for me to be there on the opener. Too many people in a small confined area with low water = chaos tro me! LOL
Traditionally, i have hunted mason Valley opener on and off for the last 15 years. I go out and set up camp on Tuesday before, spend the rest of the time scouting, playing horseshoes and just gool ol' relaxing!! All are welcome to join if you got no plans.
i have not been to Stillwater to scout yet. I heard camping may be allowed on a few of the landings again. Not sure about that one as of yet.
Greenhead later in the year for me as well.
Good luck on the decision, and see you later in the month at the Pizza joint!! :beer:
DuckManWest
DuckManWest
hunter

Postby NVDuckHunter76 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Wouldnt mind doing a camping trip at all. I took 15 days off for work. I'll be Elk/Deer hunting outside of Wells, NV for the first 10 days and then its ducks from that point on....Maybe get a group together for the opener. Plenty of time to arrange something like that.
HUNTING THE WEST AND BEYOND!!!
NVDuckHunter76
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 pm

The wife and I will be puddlen in the southwest corner of Gardnerville.. Been this way for a while now. Growing up in washoe with private land till the mudslide took every thing my family had.. So my dad had it set up so we could hunt the Cliff Brothers place or Barnes.. Not even sure if these places are still there or owened by the same families. As I got older I met some good family freinds that have ranches in Gardnerville... It took alot of sweat and blood to get it where it is today.. Will try to see how much head can be built up here in a week or two... Last year I had twenty acres under water and today you could pee and it wouldn't puddle up.. Would like to see one wet storm before... Would give me more water to play with...
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby DuckManWest » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:21 am

The plan is set!
Mason Valley is set in stone! 10 more days till the boat and trailer will be heading out the driveway. If you are in the area, stop by. Camping by North Pond. Driving gray Dodge with fire plates.
Good luck to all, wherever you end up hunting!
DuckManWest
DuckManWest
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting