Stillwater Help

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Stillwater Help

Postby duckmanNV » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 pm

So.... For the opening weekend I am planning on heading out to Stillwater. The issue is that I have never hunted that area before. What is the water like out there? Are there any general areas that usually hold some ducks? Since I have stuff going on on Sat. will the number of hunters out be any more tolerable on Sunday?
Any help will be appreciated- Thanks!
duckmanNV
hunter

Re: Stillwater Help

Postby BGGooseKiller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:43 pm

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/sp ... vember.pdf

From the looks of it Stillwater doesn't hunt that Sundays. This is call and make sure before you go.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
BGGooseKiller
Newb

Postby duckmanNV » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:00 pm

I think you have the wrong state GB
:hi: :hi: :hi:
duckmanNV
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Last year was my first opener out there Sat and Sun and yes it was considerably less populated than Saturday. Scouting as always is the key trying to find a spot not knowing where you are going is probably gonna loose you a little bit of valuable hunting time just be courteous of the hunters already there and set up. Water levels weren't too bad compared to other spots I was out there 4 weeks ago. Good luck and have fun :thumbsup:
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby amink » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:35 pm

You can wade most of Stillwater, but it's a good idea to have a staff for those unexpected holes. There is virtually no shade there unless you hunker down in the weeds. The landings will be crowded, and boats will be used. You can find some honey holes if you're willing to walk. Different ponds have different restrictions on what, if any, boats can be used on them. Dogs are recommended but not necessary. The tules and nutgrass can get pretty tall and a bird that is not DOA can get in there and you'll never see them again.

http://www.fws.gov/stillwater/
amink
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting