Chukar?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Chukar?

Postby dieselduck » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Anyone getting into them? Seen lots but they are flushing way wild.
dieselduck
hunter

Re: Chukar?

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Went last sunday because I hunted the duck opener to my usual opening day spot birds were totally in a different place than they have been the past 4 years so took 1/2 day to get to em and yes very spooked the closest I got was 40 yards winged one but never fell. My buddy had a couple closer shots but never hit. There were fires all summer where I go but not on the mountain I hunt just real close and I think that is why plus the weather has been trying to change so not sure if any of this plays into it. I usually end up with 2 limits opening weekend and ended up with notta.
Even the ducks are not wanting to commit to any spread with me even the opener I had like 3 times they decoyed and that was it and from what I saw around me nobody else was doin any better all pass shots. Went out today and got 2 sets to commit but that was it other than the teasers right before shooting time sticking their tongue out at me while swimming in and out my spread. :hi:
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting