Any birds?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Any birds?

Postby NVduck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Has anyone started to see any birds around washoe or any where else yet. I know its still early for them to realy be moving in, so more wishful thinking i guess.
mcqueenmetalfab.com
NVduck
hunter

Re: Any birds?

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 pm

This weekend was shot with saturdays honey do's and having to go up to south tahoe to close up the summer cabin before the snow ................we finished at 3:30pm just as it started to sprinkle snow flakes. Great timing.
Washoe lake was white caps when we were coming back throug the valley...........looks like winter weather has arrived.
Stay warm guys........................
Sagebrush
hunter

Re: Any birds?

Postby MnNorseman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Hunted the North End this A.M. stayed until Noon... Could have sky busted some but didn't because... well I'm not a moron, so I went home empty handed. No problem there though, felt great to get out and have it FEEL like duck weather, just locals and very few of em I'm guessing. More Teal than anything, nice little flock of Pinner's and a few Mallards out and about but very skittish. I'm guessing due to the Hammering Hen calls they've heard all weekend and since Opener that most of the guys I've heard Bellering their lungs out.. but hey whatever works I guess. I'll be out and about because.. I just realized who this was.. Ha, anyway.. talk to you soon.
MnNorseman
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting