greenhead report?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

greenhead report?

Postby Highscrapper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Anybody been out to greenhead these last couple of days? With the stormy weather I would assume it would have been pretty good? Have not been out since the opener. Wifes' 50th and anniversary put the kabosh on the hunting plans. There has to be some diehards out there? Please give this old junkie an update.
Thanks,
Highscrapper
Highscrapper
hunter

Re: greenhead report?

Postby fishonzac » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 pm

HS this is an update via a friend that has been out there the last two days. Morning flights have been ok but they are really hammering them mid day. Limits if you work of mostly gadys and teal with some obvious other ones mixed in.
fishonzac
hunter

Postby creationchris » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:15 pm

fishonzac wrote:HS this is an update via a friend that has been out there the last two days. Morning flights have been ok but they are really hammering them mid day. Limits if you work of mostly gadys and teal with some obvious other ones mixed in.

Who's that?
creationchris
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:07 pm

fishonzac, Thanks for the report that's sorta what I would of suspected. I'm an old NV duck hunter from Reno that has hunted greenhead in my younger days. I started to go over the mountains and hunt the sac valley but the majority of the birds now seem to hang on the east side of the mountains until around the 2nd week of Dec. Spent my miles and $ hunting over there so now I'm back to my roots and hunting NV once again. Really enjoy the chat forum. Duck hunting is still an art form and it's not always about the ducks you shoot but the camaraderie. I enjoy taking out rookies and showing them the ropes from duck ID on the wing to the sounds of the marsh. You will know when your a pro when these things come together. Shoot straight and thank you.
Highscrapper
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi creationchris, I'm an old duck hunter from Reno that has hunted most of what NV has to offer from the Ruby marsh to the Carson Valley and everything in between and north and south. Ran a club for a few years but got out to save my sanity. More into quality than quantity. Prefer to shoot paint and let the brown fly around. Tricking them is the fun part. Maybe I'll see ya in the marsh sometime I'll be hunting greenhead when the wind blows if I can get out! Goodluck and shoot straight.
Highscrapper

!
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby creationchris » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:42 pm

The sac valley is on fire. Packed full of birds and my buds are shooting good limits everyday. Greenhead, not so. There are birds but ya got to work to get em!!!
creationchris
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey I think that report was from you Chris I was just relaying the info!
fishonzac
hunter

Postby creationchris » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 pm

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
fishonzac wrote:Hey I think that report was from you Chris I was just relaying the info!
creationchris
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting