Quick question about waders and other gear

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Quick question about waders and other gear

Postby DuckZilla » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:56 am

Ok I know im asking all these questions but I really want to be 100% prepared before i even attempt to go out and do some duck hunting. Ive been doing some searching for different waders and the likes. What I need to know is what kind of camo pattern is the norm here. And also what gram thinsulate is your best bet? 1000g 600g or lower? Im considering a few different kinds: RedHead BoneDry Extreme(which are the 1000g thinsulate) and the RedHead BoneDry Classic Series. The extreme's come in 2 patterns(Mossy Oak New Break up and Advantage Max-4 HD). The Classics also come in 2 patterns(Mossy Oak Original Break Up and the Adv. Max-4 HD in i think 600g thinsulate). Now im not stuck on just Red Head waders. So any other suggestions would be great. Also as far as a camo jacket any suggestions(price really doesnt matter that much)? Like I said in my previous posts all my gear was left behind in Minnesota so all the help that is given will be greatly appreciated.
Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
DuckZilla
hunter

boots

Postby ducilla1479 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:28 pm

zilla,
I bought the new Cabellas super mag at the end of last year.(149.00) I have been using their regular armor flex 1000 gram and liked them alot. the super mag 's are 1600gram and I bought them in max4d. We have been walking alot these past few years and the cabella's have a wide ,padded shoulder strap that does'nt cut into your shoulder. Ihave had good luck with them but there are many good boots out there. A good fit is the most important. Although I do sacrafice a good fit in the early season for a little more room when it gets cold (extra thick socks)
"LETS ROLL"
ducilla1479
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:30 am

if your staying in the vegas area 3mm neoprene will do just fine. I'd get 5 mm neoprene just in case you want to make a few trips up north! :salude:

max 4 will be good for any marsh you hunt down there or up here. I just wish it had more green in it though. I got the cabela's ultimate hunting wader with armor flex:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0005491
DROPDUX
hunter

Postby DuckZilla » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:08 am

Thanks for the input. Im not 100% sold yet on any of them(though those cabelas ones look awsome). I do plan on a trip up north eventually(hopefully sooner than later) so i might go with the warmer ones as im sure it could possibly even get cold here in the early morning hours of duck season.
Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
DuckZilla
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:58 am

DuckZilla wrote:Thanks for the input. Im not 100% sold yet on any of them(though those cabelas ones look awsome). I do plan on a trip up north eventually(hopefully sooner than later) so i might go with the warmer ones as im sure it could possibly even get cold here in the early morning hours of duck season.

yeah, plus pahranagat is a higher elevation than vegas, and it does cool down.

oh yeah, we (I) boycotted Basspro when I lived in vegas. Poor, Poor customer service, rude, and accused ME of stealing! Screw Bass Pro & redhead. Most Redhead products seemed cheaper to me--thats why I don't buy them.

DD
DROPDUX
hunter

Postby DuckZilla » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:34 pm

You know what I would guess i have to agree. #1 I like Cabelas 1000 times better anyways. We had 2 in Minnesota and every time i went in it was an experience. From the mountain right at the door(With just about every single huntable animal on it), to just the amazing diversity of the store and all the different products. AMAZING! Plus Id rather spend 300 bucks at cabelas than a store that started out in just fishing gear. Once again I have to say thanks for the info. MUCH appreciated!
DuckZilla
hunter

Postby ducilla1479 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:25 pm

We are supposed to be getting a Cabelas in reno next year. I thought I was broke now! :getdown:
"LETS ROLL"
ducilla1479
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:14 am

Reno MIGHT get a Cabela's !

Depends if the city council, all the people in Carson city and the
Governor can screw this deal up also ! :hammering: :hammering:

A lot of BIG companies have tried to set up shop in Reno and finally
told them to "shove it " !

Anyone want to place a bet ?

Later Sage
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby ducilla1479 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:16 am

A CABELA'S in Fallon would be better than Reno. I am sure Fallon won't screw it up. But if I was broke with it in Reno,if it was in Fallon I might need to borrow money for diesel!!
"LETS ROLL"
ducilla1479
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting