Anyone been out to stillwater lately?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Postby duckmanNV » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:28 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had been out to stillwater recently. Because of school, I wont be able to get out scouting. If anyone has reports of new birds being pushed down, I might head out this weekend. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
duckmanNV
hunter

Re: Anyone been out to stillwater lately?

Postby fishonzac » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Shot a pair of woodies on a willow ditch, set up late on tule....nothing for me! Heard GH has been good if you know where to go
fishonzac
hunter

Postby dieselduck » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am

Be careful if you have a dog. Marsh foot at stillwater and greenhead this year. "Marsh foot" sometimes isn't just an infection, it can be a necrotizing fasciitis and can kill a dog.
dieselduck
hunter

Postby amink » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 pm

We were there on Sunday afternoon. Water levels are dropping, at least in North and West Nutgrass. Birds were around but not many moving. It was a bluebird day and there were only a few other hunters on the ponds. A guy needs more help when the weather is nice.

I emailed Susan, the refuge manager, and she said they're at the end of the water delivery. If they get a slug right at the end, they are going to send it to Lead and Pintail.
amink
hunter

Postby duckmanNV » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Would you guys recommend going to greenhead over Stillwater even if I have never been there?
duckmanNV
hunter

Postby yang » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:31 pm

went there last week for some geese, but all i saw was coots. i wondered wheres ducks and geese are?
i didnt give up, so i headed south to mason valley wma it was pretty the same.
yang
Newb

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting