Mason Valley Saturday Awesome Sunday Miserable

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Mason Valley Saturday Awesome Sunday Miserable

Postby fishonzac » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 pm

I haven't hunted Mason Valley this year yet but went pheasant hunting on the openr and saw a few more ducks moving around. Headed down Saturday from Gardnerville and set up a Redhead (lots of water lots of stupid hunters) Basiclly there was like 6 guys just standing around in the distance we picked up twenty minutes after shoot time and moved to another area. Ended up with 12 birds mallarads, gadys a wigeon and two teal. We had birds working and the snowing was falling so we decided to head back Sunday and hit the same spot but at shoot time. Absolutely 100% different. We shot one teal and packed up at 7:30. Should have just hunted Gardnerville. When I upload the pictures I will post them up just a heads up for all
fishonzac
hunter

Re: Mason Valley Saturday Awesome Sunday Miserable

Postby creationchris » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Funny, i only shot one thing on sunday too........ :huh: at least my tag/frezzer is filled and now i can shoot ducks. Never applying for that damn tag again!
creationchris
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 am

Yea I kinda notice that about Mason the best days I have had out there has come during a snowstorm I remember 2 occasions where it was slaughter city and snowing like crazy. Most other times have been so so.
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby NVduck » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 am

I have defenetly seen the same thing for many years. Had some great shoots in heavy snow storms and only OK at best when it wasnt snowing.
mcqueenmetalfab.com
NVduck
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting