Duck Hunting Forum banner

already planning ahead

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Highscrapper 
#1 ·
ok, so ive already started thinking ahead to next year about putting in for tags. ive only ever drawn 1 deer tag a few seasons back with a bow and failed to harvest. this next year taking things very serious, just bought a new better bow and im planning ahead. i want to put in for deer, probably pronghorn and thinking bear. i was wondering if anyone on here would have any suggestions on where to put in and have a high chance of drawing and harvesting with a bow. ive got no expierence hunting bears at all so completly in the dark on that one. any help at all would be great! thanks you guys!

#3 ·
well I have been running my hounds for bear in nevada last year and this year,if you want to do it with a bow plan on hunting when it first opens over water.Warmer months there more out at night bu they will go to water during the day.I have had good luck bow hunting nevada .Plan on putting in tags for area closer to home makes it alot easyer to scout.your best bet for a tag would be area 17, long as you scout you can find plenty of chances to fling a arrow.Good luck :thumbsup:

#5 ·
cshunter, not sure where you live but if you want to harvest a bear California is the place to go! It's like $150 for the out of state license and another $265.00 for the tag the last time I checked. The tag might be alittle more but not much. Truckee and Lake Tahoe have a serious bear problem and many trophies are around. I work in Tahoe and Truckee and see bears all the time and have a few friends that have harvested a few. The tags are easy to get and there is no WAITING. The state of California limits the quota to 600 bears then closes the season. Go to California fish and game web site and get the info. Good luck and don't waste your time in NV the chance of pulling a tag is slim and nil. Go west!
Highscrapper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.